We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wentworth

Maine
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Wentworth

I am considering taking my dh for a romantic weekend away and I am looking at the Wentworth. Any opinions? Is it within walking distance to any bars/pubs? Thanks!

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wentworth

We used to own a condo over at the Wentworth. It's a great location!!

Once a year we'd walk from place to place for an appetizer and a drink at each place.

from the Wentworth you can walk to:

Wentworth Dining room (upscale) & lounge (pool table & Judy doing sing along piano on Friday & Saturday).

Wildcat Tavern (1 minute) - upscale dining room & pub with bands, romantic area with couch in front of fireplace.

Inn at Thorn Hill - 6 minute walk, upscale food, great lounge

Red Fox - good reasonabally priced food, with a sports bar (2 minute drive, 8 minute walk)

Thompson House Eatery - Upscale food, cute bar (3 minute walk)

Shannon Door Pub - Pizza, Irish bands, fun place (8 minute walk)

Christmas Farm Inn (10 minute walk but up a big hill), upscale menu, cute pub

You can also walk to J-Town Deli (breakfast, lunch, gifts, wine, beer, snacks, groceries)

Yesterdays - good breakfast

Madeline's (summer only, sit outside w/ lunch and a beer)

As you like it cafe - good pastries, sandwices

Several specialty shops

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,199 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wentworth

As mentioned, from Wentworth you can walk to just about anywhere in Jackson. I would urge you to compare wentworth with Eagle Mtn House. That would be a bit of a hike, but IMO, it's the nicer place to stay.

3. Re: Wentworth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Jackson
Recent Conversations