We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victorian Weekend October 2013

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Victorian Weekend October 2013

Has anyone visited during Victorian Weekend? My husband & I are planning an anniversary/babymoon trip to Cape May for Columbus Day weekend and I was just informed that its Victorian weekend. Does this mean it will be super crowded, hard to get restaurant reservations, etc? I'll be 33 weeks along so we aren't planning anything crazy....just want to stay in a B&B, relax, and have some nice meals. Thoughts? Just wondering what it might effect for our trip. Thanks!

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victorian Weekend October 2013

It will be crowded, so you should reserve well in advance ESPECIALLY if you want to stay in a B and B rather than a motel. I would say it might be best to reserve dinner for Friday Saturday and Sunday nights in advance, but you might ask your Innkeepers.

There will be many events look at www.capemaymac.org for schedules

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victorian Weekend October 2013

Packed and jumping.

wilmington
Level Contributor
283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victorian Weekend October 2013

Busy in a good way. Things are open that would otherwise be closed that time of year, chocolate tastings, tours, etc. Need to make dinner reservations for Saturday in advance if you have a specific restaurant in mind, other nights can probably make that day. Not so busy that things are crazy, just busy enough it is fun. You will be fine. Make your b and b reservations early, especially if you want a specific room. We go every year that weekend for the vintage dance workshop, ball, and tea dance run by MAC. Enjoy!

4. Re: Victorian Weekend October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 01:16