We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Im staying near Exchange place NJ and would like to go to Asbury Park and maybe onward to Cape May for a night.

What is the best form of transport? roughly how long is the journey to Asbury Park? Any pubs/restaurnats with Springsteen facts etc.

I appreciate any help, many thanks

Paty

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

A car is the best transportation to do that. Trains don't go to Cape May. To get to Asbury Park From Jersey City by train you would take the Path to Newark and then transfer to NJ Transit.

By car I think it would take you about an hour to get to Asbury Park and then a couple more hours to Cape May.

Bruce Springsteen made a surprise appearance at The Stone Pony last week, and does show up on the boardwalk and local events once in awhile, but chances are you won't run into him.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Thank you for your response, unfortunately I will be depending on public transport but I certainly will do the Asbury trip.

Thank you for the info. much appreciated

P

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Maybe you can help again Susie. or indeed anybody!

I mentioned in my first post about the interest in B Springsteen, my daughter(18) is now going to join me from Ireland on the nightover in Asbury Park, is there anything you would not miss if you were a springsteen fan apart from the Stone Pony, we see this as an opportunity of a lifetime, are there pubs/ clubs with merchandise?

Thanks for your help

P

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

You can get some good info about Asbury Park from this link (beyondthepalace.com/newjersey/index.html). However, it's a few years old and the Rock & Roll Musuem is no longer at the Palace. Most of the Springsteen memorabilia is now housed at the public library (First Ave, about 4 blocks up from the boardwalk). There's also an art exhibit in the Pavilion that has loads of photographs of NJ-bred celebrities, featuring Bruce and Jon BonJovi. The aerial map shows the location of most attractions. Your daughter might enjoy the Pinball Museum on the boardwalk down by Convention Hall, for $10 you can play all you want for an hour FYI, the drinking age in the US is 21, but there are some very nice restaurants in the area you can get decent, reasonable meals.

Have fun, LuvBreezes

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Thank you so murch for this info. it save time and energy sourcing this information, I had noticed that some of the sites are a little of of date.

Looking forward to our first visit to Asbury!

Thanks again P

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Thanks for all your help, we had a wonderful trip to Asbury Park, its it a wonderful town, straight from a film set. We done all the Springsteen searches and got information and lots of photos.Back in Ireland, clinging to the lovely memories!

P

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Nice of you to report back and glad you had a good trip. How about an Asbury Park Trip Report? Although I live in that area, it is always interesting for us locals to read others experiences. And it would be a help to others considering such a trip.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

Please do post a review. I am also curious how you got around, what you did in Asbury Park, and what were the high/low-lights of your trip. Any advice for travelers similar to yourselves is always appreciated. Getting from Jersey City to Asbury Park seems pretty simple for us locals, but I'm impressed you were able to easily pull it off and had such a wonderful time doing so.

Cheers, LuvBreezes

9. Re: Jersey City to Asbury Park/Cape May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 00:16