We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
75 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

Does anybody know of outlets near Mahwah, NJ? I know Woodbury outlets are somewhat close. How about outlets at Bergen Town center? How close are they to Mahwah? Are they really outlets or regular priced stores? I am staying in Mahwah Thanksgiving weekend and would love to go to outlets. (probably Saturday, not black Friday, hate the crowds!) Any advice?

6 replies to this topic
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
9,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

The town Center seems your best choice. See all near Mahwah here

https://goo.gl/maps/yMbE9G4bqVu

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

I live near Bergen Town Center but have no idea whether they are really outlets (I'm not a shopper) but if you search the term "bergen town center reviews" you should get your answer. I would expect Saturday to be pretty crowded as well, though not like Friday. Know that the mall will be closed Sunday (blue laws). The way to get to Bergen Town Center from Mahwah is Rte 17 to Rt 4 and the roadws will be very, very, very busy that Saturday, the earlier you go the better. That said, figure it will take 30-45 minutes, maybe a bit longer. There might be some outlets north of Mahwah, in NY (Mahwah is right on the border) but I wouldn't know.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
610 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

Bergen Town Center is nice, though not huge if you are really looking for the outlet-mall experience. It also has a whole foods, I would say locals really treat it more like a regular mall, and it doesn't get the tourist crowds.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
75 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

Thanks all, I will probably not go due to traffic. I live in Queens NY and there is always traffic. I understand it will be a holiday weekend and very crowded. I will just stay in Mahwah and maybe on the way home stop in Nanuet.

J R
New Jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

If your still in the area you may want to check out the "The Secaucus Outlets" (New Jersey) is about 30-45 minutes from Mahwah. You can then take RT 3 into midtown to 495 into Queens.

factoryoutletstores.info/new-jersey/secaucus…

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
75 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?

Thanks. I didn't want to drive that far. We only went to TJ Maxx in Mahwah. My son was very sick so we couldn't do much. I am going to visit family in Edison, NJ this weekend and we are going to outlets. I am not sure which ones.

Reply to: shopping outlets near mahwah, NJ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mahwah