We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from PE and check in times

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Driving from PE and check in times

Hi, We are due to fly into PE at 12.30pm, pick up hire car and drive to Addo. We are staying at Nyathi Rest Camp, but i was hoping to enter from N2 at the South Gate into Addo and drive up through the park. My question is do you think we would have enough time to do this given that latest check in time is 3.30pm? We need to also stop off at grocery store for provisions on the way. Please also bear in mind we have not driven in SA before so not sure of the roads.

Other option is to drive straight to Main camp via Motherwell but i am slightly uncomfortable about this road.

2 replies to this topic
A V
Stellenbosch, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
1. Re: Driving from PE and check in times

You will need to buy your supplies like groceries in Port Elizabeth.

The drive to Addo is not that long nor far. Approximatly 40mins. The N2 road is a bit better. Gates usually close at 18.00

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Driving from PE and check in times

Thank you AV, is that 40 mins to Main gate or South gate in Colchester? Would you say it is easy to find our way from airport on to the N2? Gates close at 18.00 but latest check in is 15.30pm

Reply to: Driving from PE and check in times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted