We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area is most convenient??

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Which area is most convenient??

we are headed to seminyak in about 10 days and i don't have a hotel yet! it's so overwhelming as there are SO many hotels and villas. can someone tell me where the best location would be? or at least describe the different neighborhoods so i can make an educated decision?

looks like there are places up near petitenget, then along jalan kayu aya/jalan laksmana, then along japan caplak tanduk? are those the major areas?

where's the shopping and where are the restaurants? if we stay up near petitenget, is it easy enough to get down to the other areas? or if we stay along the other streets, is it easy enough to travel up towards the beach? please help!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area is most convenient??

We have only been to Seminyak once and stayed at lakshmi villas- opposite the Samaya. The villas we stayed in had a back entrance which came out near Grocer and grind. We found this location to be fantastic as it was close to laksmana and a huge range of great restaurants. It was also a quick walk to Ku de ta, la lucciola and breeze. We also traveled by cab to the area near Bali deli. This area also had a large range of restaurants and great shopping. Personally I liked the area we stayed in better. We are going back this year and will be staying close to ku de ta. Sorry I can't help you with the names of streets, I never take Any notice when on holiday. Good luck with your choice.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area is most convenient??

On Jalan petitenget you will find lots of the more up market bars/ restaurants etc.. This is where i tent to spend lots of my evenings in bali, so i would personally consider staying somewhete iff jalan petitenget purley for convenience. If you are interested in these I would stay around here. There are some amazing and stunning restaurants, beach clubs and fine dining within a short taxi ride possible walking distance.

It is also only a short ride to shopping and markets in seminyak/legian etc..

New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area is most convenient??

thank you for your responses. one follow-up question: is it easy enough to catch cabs to AND from the petitenget area?

thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area is most convenient??

Yes, you will have one within 2 - 5 mins

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area is most convenient??

Seminyak is now quite a sprawling area with hotels and villas around Jln's Laksmana, Dhyana Pura, Kerobokan, and Petitenget.

Jln Laksmana has more restaurants, shops etc than Pettitenget but all areas are good and taxis are easy and cheap.

What hotels or villa are you thinking of?

Gianyar, Indonesia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area is most convenient??

you can try the OBEROI Hotel, it's nice,closed to beach,and shooping area,

7. Re: Which area is most convenient??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 05:35