We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lordsburg to Silver City

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lordsburg to Silver City

Is there a bus service between Lordsburg and Silver City or can I rent a Hire Car, I plan arriving in Lordsburg by Greyhound Bus from Phoenix and stay in Lordsburg/Silver City area for 5 days.

Pensioner

5 replies to this topic
Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lordsburg to Silver City

Given a choice between staying for 5 days in Lordsburg vs. Silver City, most would choose Silver City; it's a bigger town, has more to do , and the Downtown area is very walkable.

There is no bus service into Silver City from Lordsburg, and I am unaware of any car rental services in Lordsburg. Enterprise Rent-a-Car has cars for rent in Silver City, but I don't know if they would be willing to pick you up in Lordsburg; you can call them at +1 575-534-0000, or their national toll-free reservations number 800-736-8222 (which might not be available from Canada). FYI: Lordsburg is about 44 miles south-southwest of Silver City; and driving time from one to the other is a little less than an hour.

If no other alternative arises, you may wish to consider taking Greyhound past Lordsburg to Deming, which is about 1 hour southeast of Silver City. There are shuttle services that can get you to Silver City from Deming (one you might try is Silver Stage Lines at 800-522-0162), and Corre Caminos Bus Service has two trips a day between Silver City and Deming; you can contact them at +1 575-388-3180.

Once you are in Silver City itself, there is local transportation available via Corre Caminos.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lordsburg to Silver City

Thankyou for that information,I want to visit the Record/Archive Offices in Silver City to try and find info on my Grandfather,who,according to his marriage licence, farmed in Carlisle,(now a Ghost town) and did business in Silver City 1885 - 1895, 3 children were born during that time.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lordsburg to Silver City

You may want to contact the Town of Silver City at http://townofsilvercity.org and direct your query to the Cemetery Board. There are basically two cemeteries in town: Memory Lane (owned by the Town), and a predominately Catholic cemetery. One of the members of the Cemetery Board, Carl Scholl, has a lot of genealogical info and might be able to assist you. You might also check at the library of Western New Mexico University; the Silver City Public Library might also have some data.

Silver City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lordsburg to Silver City

Carl Scholl and others have collaborated to put many Grant County/Silver City genealogical resources online. Check out this page: http://nmahgp.genealogyvillage.com/grant/ It includes death records and an index of obituaries in the local newspapers. Bear in mind that these listings aren't complete--if your relatives don't show up, that doesn't mean there are no records at all. We may be able to find more information through microfilmed newspapers, or the records at the Silver City Museum. http://www.silvercitymuseum.org

If you are coming to the Silver City Public Library before December 2012, be aware that we are undergoing a major renovation project. Not all our resources are accessible right now. You can call us at 575-538-3672 for more information.

Sincerely,

Lillian

Programming and Outreach Librarian,

Silver City Public Library

575-538-3672

http://silvercitypubliclibrary.wordpress.com

facebook.com/pages/…135049663178404

Silver City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lordsburg to Silver City

P.S. A lot of people post ride offers or ride requests on this forum: www.gilacommunity.net/viewforum.php?f=14

Reply to: Lordsburg to Silver City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lordsburg
More Lordsburg Topics