We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

1 post
Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

Im traveling from L.A. to the east coast. Staying in Lordsburg for a night -- so what should I get to eat while I'm there? Every place - no matter how small or remote - always has some sorta place that all the locals like to eat at. What place is it on Lordsburg? Also - where should I not stay the night in Lordsburg?

Thanks!!!

9 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

I would pass on the Notso "super 8. Kranberrys may well be the family choice ... Happy trails ... carracar

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

Drive another hour, to more pleasant Deming ... The Days Inn there puts out a good hot breakfast ... free... carracar

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

Don't stay in Lordsburg. If you must stay there, then Kranberrys is the only decent place to eat. Lordsburg is a good place to be from--a long way from!!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

was just looking if lordsburg is a decent place to stay the night.

Seems lot of negative reviews here!

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

You might consider driving an hour north of Lordsburg on NM-90 to Silver City. A walkable downtown, good restaurants, and only an hour to get back to I-10 on US-180 to Deming. IMHO, well worth the detour.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

actually I just want a safe place to stop for the night. Perhaps some quick dinner and leave next morning.

Anything wrong with lordsburg from that point of view?

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

Dinner options are limited. You will want to arrive before 8:00 PM as many locations are closed by then.

A M
Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
8. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

Absolutely nothing wrong with your plan. I ALWAYS travel solo, stayed in Lordsburg with no problem. Grabbed a burger at Blake's Lotaburger to eat in the motel room that night. No problem. If you're just passing through for a night, no reason to make the extra drive to Silver City or anywhere else, Lordsburg is just fine.

Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
149 reviews
9. Re: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?

If just passing through, it's fine but you just have to know that there's nothing great there and no real good food options. That suggestion of Blake's Lotaburger is probably the best. It's fast food for sure but it is a NM chain and it's Green Chileburger is on the state's "Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail". If, however, you are traveling without hotel reservations and you happen to have some more energy left in your tank as you approach, going the extra distance to Deming would be nice. More options there.

Reply to: Staying the night in Lordsburg - where should I eat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lordsburg
More Lordsburg Topics