We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simbambili Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
337 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Simbambili Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve

Does anyone know if the Simbambili lodge is a good one? I t has been recommended to me as a good value.

Leopardsong Manor
Leopardsong Manor
#1 of 10 hotels in Centurion
Aerotropolis Guest Lodge
Aerotropolis Guest Lodge
#16 of 71 B&Bs / Inns in Kempton Park
Londolozi Founders Camp
Londolozi Founders Camp
#1 of 6 Speciality lodging in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
UK
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Simbambili Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve

I stayed at Simbambili in April 2004 soon after it opened. There were just 5 thatched bungalows each with plunge pool on deck, looking over a river bed and open plain beyond. Rooms and bathrooms were excellent, safari top notch, with lovely guides, lived up to reputation especially leopard tracking at dusk/dark - unforgettable. Can't remember the food I'm afraid. Highly recommended.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Simbambili Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve

Can someone expalin what a plunge pool is such as the ones at Simbambili Game Lodge?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simbambili Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve

Its normally a very small pool outside your room for your use only. You would not get more than 2 people in and you cannot swim around. Its just to cool off in and of course some romance. Hope this helps. Sabi Sands Reserve is a lovely place and any of the lodges there are superb. You will see plenty of game there as opposed to further north. Dont expect to see great herds like you see for Kenya & Tanzania, SA is not like that at all. Enjoy your stay.

Get answers to your questions about Londolozi Private Game...