We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

washington, dc
4 posts
Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

We are going to Londolozi next fall and are wondering if it's worth the extra expense to book a suite at Baleteur or Tree Camp or if we should just book a chalet at Baleteur. It's almost twice as much money for the suite, but I've read that that suites are really nice. I was just trying to get a good understanding of the differences between the suites and the chalet. Thanks.

south africa
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

Hi,

I live in South Africa and have been to Londolozi many times. I stay in a suite at Batleur camp which is fantastic. The suites are superior to the chalets, however the chalets at Batleur camp are still excellent. The chalets have a private deck with a private plunge pool and are very comfortable. I normally try to stay in suite number 1 or 2 in bateleur camp. They are near the river and have great views of the river. The chalets are definately best in the bateleur camp as oppossed to the other camps at Londolozi. You do get the exact same experience in a chalet as in a suite and the bottom line is you are paying the extra money for a superior room. The suites consist of a large deck, huge beautiful bathroom and a bedroom.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

Hi I am SAfrican living in UK. Also visited Londolozi many times. Tree Camp is super but I dont think its worth paying the extra. Agree that Bateleur Camp is lovely - my favourite is Safari camp which is not near the other camps. Whichever you choose you will have a wonderful experience. Londolozi is my most loved place in the world. Have a great stay.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

amcbeal - sorry you can see I have been away from SA for a while.. Safari Camp now belongs to Sabi Sabi and is called Little Bush Lodge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

Hello,

The suites are much larger and posher. I've stayed in all three options at Londoz (Bateleur chalet, Bateleur Suite, and Tree Camp). Of the three my favourite was Tree Camp, for its small size and very personalised approach. There are only 6 suites so the camp is much more intimate.

If I were to stay in a chalet, I'd choose Pioneer Camp over Bateleur unless the plunge pool is a deciding factor (this can be very important when it's hot). The Pioneer and Founders chalets are larger and more spacious than the Bateleur chalets, and I like the small size of Pioneer Camp. Freddie, the head butler, really makes you feel welcome at Pioneer.

No matter where you stay, I'm sure you'll have superb game-viewing at Londoz.

Cheers,

Julian

5. Re: Londolozi Baleteur Suite or Chalet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Londolozi Private Game...