To introduce ourself, we are a French couple mid aged (29 and 36) and love to travel the world (and sometimes in luxury accommodation). I personally love photography and video.
As you can see we ll stay 9 nights in South Africa.
Our main and mostly only purpose is to do a safari (we though about visiting Cape Town for 3 days but we ll prefer to just relax and not to take another plane).
I know a lof you (safari expert) will say that we should go the Greater Kruger but my GF can't take anti Malaria pills / tablets and she dont want to take any risk by going there without medication. So we needed to find a Malaria Free Safari.
We then choose Madikwe as it s a Malaria Free Safari and after some research it might be the best choice.
So here are my few question for Madikwe Expert that I hope some of you can help us with.
1) Dont you think 9 nights might be to much in Madikwe ? Do you have any other suggestion
2) Is there a difference between the west and East part of the reserve concerning the game viewing ?
3) Staying 9 nights in Madikwe, we ll split the lodge we r staying in.
We then have two choice:
Option 1= 5 nights in lodge and 4 other nights in another one
Option 2 = 3 nights in 3 differents lodges
Option 1= Madikwe Hills and Rhulani Lodge
Option 2 = Madikwe Hills / Jamala / Rhulani (with this setup we ll mostly cover the whole reserve)
Now concerning your experience.
How is madikwe hills comparing to Etali or Molori
How is Rhulani comparing to royal madikwe luxury safari lodge
4) How is the landscape ? is there a lot of variety ? Can the 4x4 Rover go offload ? As i'm a photography and video lover, I ll love to know what lodge give the best experience to take some lovely pictures (and video as i ll bring along my drone) and dont want to many people in the 4x4 Rover for the game view.
5) the final point is sometimes subject to Admin on the forum being not so open minded.
I'll love to have the best deal on every lodge we ll stay, and 90% of the time travel agent is cheaper than booking directly to the lodges so Do you know any good agent or website i can go with to get the best deal - reduction per night (like mtbeds, bushbreaks,rhinoafrica, iconic africa, booking, specials 4 africa, etc..) ? (To the Admin, this is not at all publicity I'm just asking for advice.)
with all respect to wildlife lovers,
Ps: sorry if my english writing skills is not perfect