We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

Paris, France
4 posts
9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

To introduce ourself, we are a French couple mid aged (29 and 36) and love to travel the world (and sometimes in luxury accommodation). I personally love photography and video.

We will arrived in Johannesburg on Sat 8 April morning and we will leave South Africa the 17th April.

As you can see we ll stay 9 nights in South Africa.

Our main and mostly only purpose is to do a safari (we though about visiting Cape Town for 3 days but we ll prefer to just relax and not to take another plane).

I know a lof you (safari expert) will say that we should go the Greater Kruger but my GF can't take anti Malaria pills / tablets and she dont want to take any risk by going there without medication. So we needed to find a Malaria Free Safari.

We then choose Madikwe as it s a Malaria Free Safari and after some research it might be the best choice.

So here are my few question for Madikwe Expert that I hope some of you can help us with.

1) Dont you think 9 nights might be to much in Madikwe ? Do you have any other suggestion

2) Is there a difference between the west and East part of the reserve concerning the game viewing ?

3) Staying 9 nights in Madikwe, we ll split the lodge we r staying in.

We then have two choice:

Option 1= 5 nights in lodge and 4 other nights in another one

Option 2 = 3 nights in 3 differents lodges

Option 1= Madikwe Hills and Rhulani Lodge

Option 2 = Madikwe Hills / Jamala / Rhulani (with this setup we ll mostly cover the whole reserve)

Now concerning your experience.

How is madikwe hills comparing to Etali or Molori

How is Rhulani comparing to royal madikwe luxury safari lodge

4) How is the landscape ? is there a lot of variety ? Can the 4x4 Rover go offload ? As i'm a photography and video lover, I ll love to know what lodge give the best experience to take some lovely pictures (and video as i ll bring along my drone) and dont want to many people in the 4x4 Rover for the game view.

5) the final point is sometimes subject to Admin on the forum being not so open minded.

I'll love to have the best deal on every lodge we ll stay, and 90% of the time travel agent is cheaper than booking directly to the lodges so Do you know any good agent or website i can go with to get the best deal - reduction per night (like mtbeds, bushbreaks,rhinoafrica, iconic africa, booking, specials 4 africa, etc..) ? (To the Admin, this is not at all publicity I'm just asking for advice.)

with all respect to wildlife lovers,

Olivier

Ps: sorry if my english writing skills is not perfect

Paris, France
4 posts
11. Re: 9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

Saw it to late Cbir and Tanya.

But it s ok because we ll stay 5 nights in Madikwe Hills with the special Stay 5 pay 4 offer.

I just hope i won't regret splitting the 5 nights in madikwe (wanted to do 2 nights in jamala and 3 in MH) but it would have cost 1K$ more (and my GF prefer to stay 5 nights at one place and not move).

So from this point staying 5 nights at one place i didn't really had a lot of choice because Jamala only had 2 days available and thanks to MH special offers staying 5nights in MH is the same price as 5 nights in Etali and from what we read and search MH seems a slightly better than Etali.

Now, i only have to choose which lens i ll bring along as I m a passionate photographer.

Is a 300mm lens enough ? or should i grab one that reach 600mm ?

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: 9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

Hi,

We are going to Madikwe next November and we booked at the Bush House.

As we also love photography a lot we choose this logde also because they have an underground hide overlooking the waterhole. This gives great opportunities to make photo's from very close and from a different view.

We also reserved a private vehicle there for our game drives which gives us more freedom and more space in the car for our equipment.

Hope this help

Annette

Paris, France
4 posts
13. Re: 9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

Hey Annette, How was your safari with Bush House ? Do you have any tips with the photography gear ? What did you use, body / lens ? how did it go ? :)

14. Re: 9 nights in Madikwe. Need some help - informations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2018, 10:15