We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Overnight parking

I will be traveling through the area, and tend to just find a safe place to pull over and sleep in the back of my SUV. I know there is a rest stop just west of town. I also believe that both TA and Love's would allow overnight parking, but I can see it being both really loud and lots of bright lights there (I will be in an SUV, not in a camper - so no curtains to black out the light.

Any opinions of which of these would be a better option? Would the rest stop be safe? Is there another place that would be safe where I could pull over or pull off for the night, and police wouldn't hassle me? I also don't want to bother or scare any residents.

Thanks for any suggestions.

3 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Overnight parking

I have used the back side of the TA truck stop ... Just find a spot matching your comfort level ... Sweet dreams ... carracar

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Overnight parking

Thanks for the quick response, carracar. Sounds like I should be in good shape there. Another quick question - do you just head to your spot and park for the night, or do you go in and let the clerks at TA know you are there?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Overnight parking

It would not hurt to be making a purchase at the time ... carracar

Reply to: Overnight parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Rosa