We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary in taos

boston, ma
1 post
Save Topic
anniversary in taos

im looking for a romantic place to take my wife for our second anniversary in the taos area. Im kind of looking for a place where we can be pampered a bit like maybe massages and the possible hot tub in the room . Something sweet but not tacky. Our anniversary is on the 31st of december and im hoping to stay somewhere on the 30th and 31st. Any help would be fantastic

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary in taos

Hi,

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in New Mexico next summer, and have researched hotels in Taos.

The only place that has real private hot tubs in the rooms, as far as I can tell, is El Monte Sagrado. It is quite pricey, though, and only some rooms have the private hot tubs.

The Fechin Inn has also been highly recommended to me, and that's probably where we'll end up.

Good luck and enjoy.

Taos, NM
Level Contributor
265 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary in taos

Other places that I am aware of that have private hottubs in the rooms are the Cottonwood Inn, American Artists Guest House, Casa Europa, and The Little Tree B&B which has one room with a private outdoor hottub.

Good Luck!

Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary in taos

We have spent several anniversaries in Taos and Santa Fe. I have done a lot of research on B&B's with hot tubs and/or jacuzzi suites. The only places I know of with a hot tub in the room is the Casa Europa and Cottonwood Inn. There are several B&B's that have large jacuzzies for 2 in the room. We like Adobe and Pines, Hacienda del Sol, and Adobe and Stars. You can check out more about their rooms on their web sites.

Be sure to eat at Orlandos and Doc Martins while you are there.

Happy Anniversary!

arroyo Seco , NM
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary in taos

I highly recommend eating at Doc Martins. It is the perfect place for a honeymoon or anniversary meal. Don't miss the stellar wine list and fantastic desserts made in house each day.

B and B's offer more pampering than hotels. Check out ojo caliente mineral springs for real pampering.

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anniversary in taos

I think I can put a finger on why there is a limited number of accommodations that have personal hot tubs or Jacuzzis in every room.

I'm shooting in the dark here, but it might be because we live in an arid, drought prone, high desert environment. Considering a person won't even automatically get a glass of water at any restaurants you might go to without requesting one, equipping nearly every hotel, motel and B&B room with private Jacuzzis is out of character for this type of environment. Most local governments have even requested that lodging facilities lengthen the number of days between changing linens and towels for the sake of conservation.

While most places have either a public tub that guests can avail themselves of, or one or two top of the line rooms that have their own tub, water conservation is on the minds of nearly everyone I've ever met since moving to this beautiful state.

Ojo Caliente is an easy drive from Taos and should not be missed for the pampering one would receive.

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anniversary in taos

Hi,

I know this is a late reply, but we loved Casa Europa (stayed there twice before it changed ownership, but it's still supposed to be wonderful). The room with the hot tub, is really like an apartment, with a spacious living area with a kiva fireplace, a kitchen, etc. I believe it is part of the original building, which dates back several hundred years. I would highly recommend Casa Europa. Doc Martin's is great, especially for breakfast. I would also recommend Joseph's Table for a fantastic dinner. Happy Anniversary!

7. Re: anniversary in taos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 11:19