We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

We are traveling to Canandaigua to see a performance at the Performing Arts Center on FLCC Campus. I am looking for hotel recommendations that are within walking distance. Small hotels I have found on-line include D&D, Lafayette, and Woodbridge, as well as the FingerLakes Inn. Can't find much in the way of traveler reviews for any of these except FingerLakes Inn (which was not positivie) Does anyone have any recommendations/experience with any of these hotels?

Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Unfortunately, aside from the Finger Lakes Inn, there aren't any lodging places within walking distance of the Performing Arts Center (known locally as CMAC) that I would spend one minute in. Some might consider the ones you mentioned to be "seedy" at best (a baby was murdered at the Woodbridge, for example). In the hotel line, you'd be better off considering the Inn on the Lake or Super 8. (Can you tell Canandaigua is quite limited on hotels???). Or, you might want to consider a B&B in town or slightly out of town, of which there are several. There are a number approx. 5 miles from CMAC, more if you don't mind a little longer drive. The website to check for those would be www.bandbfingerlakes.com. Good luck, and enjoy the show!

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

As far as walking distance motels from CMAC, you could sort of walk there from the Inn on the Lake (about 1.5-2 miles one way). Finger Lakes Inn would be your best bet or the Cedar Lodge, both of which I would not normally recommend, but are be best of the worst so to speak. Also, the Miami Motel may be OK, they have new ownership and are trying to renovate the place. There is a Red Carpet Inn in the area, too which is brand new, no reputation yet.

Stay AWAY from the Woodbridge.

they just tore down the only decent walking distance hotel ( the Econo Lodge) to build yet another drug store.

Sorry I coouldn't help more. Bring a bicycle and stay at the Inn on the Lake!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Thank you for your responses. The Inn on the Lake was already booked, so I booked a room at the FingerLakes Inn. Even though it receives bad reviews on trip advisor, I'm hoping it will be OK to stay at for one night. Thanks again!

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Good luck - please write a review of them if you find them satisfactory. I don't think it should be too bad, just a boring motel- I think it's clean and certainly very safe. I think bad reviews are primarily from those upset after seeing their great website which is very deceiving.

But, you will be staying closer than most folks get to park for concerts! Also, if you are arriving for a big concert get to the hotel by 5:30 or 6 to miss the concert traffic.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

hi buffaloborn

just a note you may want to check out bristol harbour they are about 15 minutes away but nice and rustic atmosphere...they have the best view in the finger lakes..cmac will be announcing shows for 09 starting in jan/feb/mar

www.cmac.com and bristolharbour.com

check it out..happy holidays

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

We stayed at the FingerLakes Inn for one night. On the positive side, it was within walking distance to the Performing Arts Center. Other than that, I don't have much positive to say about the hotel. The rooms are in severe need of updating. Carpet is worn and dirty, outdated TV and furniture, room was musty and halls were dirty, dingy and depressing. Unless I was going to another show at the Performing Arts Center, I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. It was, however, very convenient to walk to the show we were seeing, and not deal with traffic and parking. But again, I could not wait to leave in the morning and get home to take a shower.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Actually the one review of the Lafayette sounds good and I am staying there for 1 night based on this review as we are also going to a concert at the Constellation Performing Arts Center and you can walk right from the motel to the center so therefore, saving the $10 parking fee. The owners told me that they are about the same distance from the Center as are the parking lots so good to just leave our car at the motel and walk to the venue.

As long as it is clean, it sounds like a good place for only 1 nights sleep and there is a restaurant on premises if you want to grab breakfast when you check out. Will report on it when I actually spend the night there.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

I'll be anxious to hear your review on the Lafayette Hotel. We are traveling to Canandaigua again this year for a concert at CMAC and we booked at the Lafayette as well.

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

Lafayette might not be too bad, again, best of the worst scenario, but they have a nice restaurant if you're not eating at Schooners. They are definitely not lying regarding their distance, they are very close to the concert - closer than I'm parking for Tim McGraw tomorrow night. In 2010 we should have a better option for everyone as Steamboat Landing is adding a wonderful hotel about 3/4 mile from CMAC.

10. Re: Accommodations Near Performing Arts Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Canandaigua