We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finger Lakes water temperature?

Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
249 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Finger Lakes water temperature?

We're thinking of visiting the Finger Lakes (not sure which one yet) but we're wondering about the water temperature. We are from South Florida and we're all use to bath water. I don't expect that here but are some lakes warmer then others?

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finger Lakes water temperature?

There is definitely a difference in temperature based on lake size and depth. Keuka, Canandaigua, and Skaneatles will be the warmest with Cayuga coming next and Seneca bringing up the rear, so to speak.

The lakes are generally swimmable from late June through early September. If you are coming this summer, however, the lakes are cooler than usual due to the very cold summer we have had so far. Typically I would say water temp in Canandaigua lake, where I live would be as follows on a normal summer:

late June in the high 60s

July in the low 70s

August in the mid or high 70s

September in the low 70s or high 60s

2. Re: Finger Lakes water temperature?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Canandaigua