We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.

Durham, United...
1 post
NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Me and my sister are planning a trip to NYC next October, and would love to come to The Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze. We are from the UK so don't know anything about train lines in the US and to be honest we don't really travel on trains/subway etc all that often here in the UK.

Can anyone recommend a train route from NYC to Croton on Hudson and the relevant train line website?

Thank you :)

3 replies to this topic
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
20,919 posts
1. Re: NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.

Metro North commuter train from Grand Central www.hudsonvalley.org/events/blaze/directions

Schedules and fares: http://www.mta.info/mnr

Sit on the left hand side of the northbound train for the best view of the valley.

Buy tickets before boarding to avoid an on-board surcharge.

(While the intercity Amtrak trains stop at Croton, they're more expensive, less frequent and require reservations.)

Brooklyn, NY
1 post
2. Re: NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.

Agree with previous answer that Metro North train is the easiest way there. Make sure you get an express train which takes 45-50 mins to Croton as opposed to a local that can take 1 hr 15 mins. You should plan on purchasing tickets ahead of time, they sell entry based on specific timeslots which sell out very quickly. You can find ticket information here, I believe tickets go on sale in late August: www.hudsonvalley.org/events/blaze/tickets

The event is a short 8-10 minute walk from the station, there are usually taxis available when you get off the train.

Also, very important... the train stop you want is Croton-Harmon. Do NOT take the train to Croton Falls which is on a different train line.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.

To be clear, it's Blaze tickets that sell out in advance. Metro North has no reservations and tickets aren't for specific trains. Just get on whatever train you want.

Reply to: NYC to Croton on Hudson via Train.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Croton on Hudson