We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
380 posts
13 reviews
linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

If Linkwasha, which was my first choice, is booked for my dates, how would Somalisa Acacia compare? I know traverse area is smaller...should I change the entire trip to include Linkwasha or go with Somalisa, which sounds great from TA online reports??

Anyone able to compare those two camps?

5 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
346 reviews
1. Re: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

I was recently in Hwange for the second time which is without a doubt one of the finest National Parks in Africa. If Linkwasha if fully booked then I suggest that you stay at Little Makalolo which I just stayed at. The reason is because it is located in the same huge concession as Linkwasha. Don't get me wrong Somalisa or Somalisa Acacia are also fine camps but they are both found in a much smaller concession.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
380 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

Many thanks. Unfortunately, Little Mak is booked for two out of the three nights I wanted to spend in Hwange. Does it make sense to have two nights in Linkwasha and then only one in Somalisa or Little Mak? What would be the transport between the Hwange camps..can we go by road?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
346 reviews
3. Re: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

No I don't think it makes much sense because it's a hassle. You could consider Camp Hwange. It's a superb camp.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

Can't relate to linkwasha however we spent 4 nights at Somalisa earlier this year, and it felt like we had the entire Hwange Park to ourselves. there was one point in the entire stay where we saw two vehicles from another camp at a lion sighting, however even sitting outside some of the NP camp sites there was no-one around. Can highly recommend Somalisa/Acacia (pretty much the same camp)

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
346 reviews
5. Re: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??

I have to say that the lack of other tourists is one of the things that makes Hwange one of the finest National Parks in Africa. You can go for well over an hour without seeing another tourist. You will also have many fabulous sightings all to yourself. I just love Hwange National Park.

Reply to: linkwasha vs somalisa acacia??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hwange National Park