We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

Buffalo, New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

I'm planning a trip for me and the hubby-to-be, for his birthday in July.

I stumbled across Hammondsport, NY on a list of unexpected honeymoon destinations, and thought since we're just down the thru-way, we should check it out!

I'm 90% sure we're going to be staying a the Vinehurst Inn & Suites.

I've only done a little research so far, but thought I'd put the question out there, to see if there are any recommendations on what to do while we're there.

Of course wine tasting is on the list :) If anyone has a suggestion of an activity, restaurant, or any other sights to see while we're there, I would definitely appreciate suggestions! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hammondsport
Hammondsport
Finger Lakes, NY
5 replies to this topic
Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

If you like museums, the Curtiss museum (aviation) is interesting even if you aren't into aviation. The Windmill flea market is on Rt. 14A near Penn Yan if that interests you. Unfortunately, the village of Penn Yan had some terrible flash flooding that affected their downtown so I don't know what options (if any) you have there. The drive along both sides of the lake (but especially Rt. 54A) is lovely with great views.

Mentioned in this post
Penn Yan
Penn Yan
Finger Lakes, NY
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

My husband and I love the Keuka Lake wine trail! We usually start in Hammondsport. There are signs directing you to the wine trail. Bully Hill has a nice little restaurant. If it's a nice day sit outside. The view is gorgeous! We aren't really fond of the wine because most of it's on the sweet side, but if you've never been there take the tour. It's very fun there. Once you leave there continue on to Dr Frank's Winery. If you like dry or semi dry wines they have some of the best in the Finger Lakes! The view is beautiful and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. After that just follow the winery trail signs to continue on. The wineries I've been to there are all pretty good. The village of Hammondsport is very small. There are some cute little shops and there's a nice little ice cream shop too that also serves breakfast. You can walk to the end of the lake and walk around there. It's an adorable place really. You will love it! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Keuka Lake Wine Trail
Keuka Lake Wine Trail
155 Reviews
Penn Yan, NY
Hammondsport
Hammondsport
Finger Lakes, NY
Buffalo, New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

Thank you both for the recommendations! Much appreciated :)

Hammondsport
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

Stay at the Champagne House! Great location, great bed, hardwood floors and fireplaces. Also coffee maker, refridge and private baths. 607-654-3917

Buffalo, New York
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?

Reservations are already booked at Vinehurst, but thanks!

Reply to: Staying in Hammondsport... Any recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hammondsport