We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to hudson from atlanta

Which Hudson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
117 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
travel to hudson from atlanta

could someone please tell me how to get to hudson. I am coming from atlanta and would like to know which airport to fly into in order to take the train from new york to hudson. also where in new york do i catch the train to hudson. thanks so much.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to hudson from atlanta

Are you really going to the town of Hudson, NY; south of Albany? Or are you going to the Hudson Valley?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
117 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to hudson from atlanta

going to the town of Hudson. just need advise on how to get there.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to hudson from atlanta

Trains to Hudson leave from Penn Station. You can check the schedule on amtrak.com. I think your best bet would be to fly into Newark. You get the AirTrain from your terminal to the Newark Airport train station. You can then take either Amtrak or New Jersey Transit into New York Penn Station, but there are MANY more New Jersey Transit trains and they're less expensive. It's a combined fare for the AirTrain/New Jersey Transit ticket. Make sure not to get off at Newark Penn Station -- you want New York Penn Station, the last stop.

For your Amtrak ticket, you should book it ASAP but indicate you'll actually print out your ticket at the station. That way, if you need to change your reservation, you can cancel your initial one without penalty. Sit on the left hand side on Amtrak. You'll get gorgeous views going up the Hudson Valley.

Edited: 02 October 2010, 01:11
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to hudson from atlanta

If you happen to be able to get a particularly good fare into JFK, that would work as well. You'd take the JFK AirTrain (totally separate from the one at Newark Airport) from your terminal to Jamaica, and then the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station.

Edited: 02 October 2010, 01:14
5. Re: travel to hudson from atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 01:15