We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

franklin lakes, nj
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

Visiting with my boyfriend Labor Day weekend Friday - Monday for the first time.

We will staying in Bolton's Landing at the Lodges at BlueWater Manor. We will probably have dinner there one night, but would like suggestions for the other two.

Can someone recommend a good hiking trail - easy to moderate?

Is there a preferred Tour Boat company for a Tour of the Lake George?

I read that there will be fireworks one night in the area.

So far, the weather shows rain for Sunday - any recommendations for a rainy day activity?

I did see some beaches, but I think it may be too cold this weekend?

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
200 Reviews
Lake George, NY
The Lake George Inn
The Lake George Inn
102 Reviews
Lake George, NY
6 replies to this topic
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

In Bolton there are some nice hikes - here is one option https:/…cat-and-thomas-mountain-trail

There are plenty of decent/good restaurants in Bolton - Cates is a good one for Italian; Pumpernickel I enjoy for German; Algonquin has a nice variety too and is right on the water. The restaurant at Blue Water is enjoyable too - you should be happy there

The Sagamore has a tour boat - the Morgan. It is quite nice and will head up to the "Narrows" which is perhaps the most beautiful part of the lake. They also offer dinner cruises. If that does not work out this weekend then in the Village there are tour boats - any trip that goes to the "Narrows" is worthwhile

Other things to do - a little north of Bolton in the town of Ticonderoga is Fort Ticonderoga https://www.fortticonderoga.org/

In Bolton there are multiple places to rent a boat - Chics, Waters Edge to name just two Consider a boat rental and see some of the lake for yourself.

Bolton has two nice beaches - I prefer Rogers in the town but these are small beaches

For a true rainy day activity - in the Town of Queensbury about 30 minutes south of Bolton www.tru-escape.com/location-queensbury.html

Mentioned in this post
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
1,760 Reviews
Bolton Landing, NY
Fort Ticonderoga
Fort Ticonderoga
725 Reviews
Ticonderoga, NY
Queensbury
Queensbury
New York
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

Here is a map of some of the other local hikes around Bolton Landing and Lake George. http://www.lglc.org/hike-lake-george/. The visitor information center in the middle of Bolton Landing (right next to the park) has paper copies of most of these trails. I know, because I picked some up last week!

We had friends who posted some beautiful pictures from the top of The Pinnacle last week. I think that is a pretty easy hike and it is only 5 minutes from the village. Here is a review here: offonadventure.com/2015/08/the-pinnacle-bolt…

If the afternoon/evening is nice, a drink at the outside bar at the Sagamore can be a lovely experience. Drinks (and everything else!) are pricey, but the setting is stunning. As ADKtraveler mentioned, the Algonquin is another great location for lakeside dining.

Another rainy day activity (if, as ADK said, it is really rainy) is the little Hyde Collection museum in Glens Falls to the south. It is a neat collection of art in a period home.

Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,828 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

Great additions jenny

franklin lakes, nj
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

thanks for this!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,678 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help

Rainy day you can always go shopping at the Outlet stores.

https://www.theoutletsatlakegeorge.com/

The Restaurant at Cresthaven is Great, right on the water with beautiful views.

cresthavenlodges.com/boathouse-restaurant/

If you in lake George IMO a must see would be a ride over to Saratoga Springs.

https://www.saratoga.com/

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,828 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Reply to: Two 24 year olds - first visit itinerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake George