We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake George get away, 9/20

6 posts
Lake George get away, 9/20

My children, 19, 7, 5 and I, will be heading to Lake George initially for the Ballon Festival, perhaps apple picking, and just a get away for us all. It appears as if I may have booked the wrong hotel, (mine is the Clarion, along the outlets)We are not much interested in shopping. I need a hotel that is as close to possible to the Village, and both within walking or close proximity to the Greyhound stop going to NYC, We are non-drivers. :( as well as to the highlights of the area. Please kindly advise on suggestions. Thank you for any suggestions!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

There is a new Courtyard Marriott right in the middle of the village. If it has rooms and is in your price range, that might be a good choice. There are tons of other hotels in the Village. Surfside and the Georgian get mentions on TripAdvisor a lot. Fort William Henry is also right next to the village, but gets mixed reviews (I think it depends on whether your room has been updated). The Fort itself is a fun visit, mostly for history buffs and the younger kids. There is mini-golf right in the village, and you can do a boat tour. I think you might have a hard time getting to apple picking without a car.

Have a great trip!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
430 reviews
2. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Any hotel in the Village that suits your budget and is available is going to be close to the bus terminal. The Village is quite walkable and small. I agree without a car apple picking will be very difficult. There is always quite a bit to do in the Village.

The balloon fest is going on then but once again without a car your ability to enjoy that will also be limited

Great Escape is having an Oktoberfest

There are a lot of other events going on in the Village - upstate NY is quite limited without a car so getting to other locations - Glens Falls for instance will be timing consuming or expensive via Uber/taxi

6 posts
3. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Thank you so very much for your thoughtful reply! I was able to book a motel, that seems quite nice based on the reviews. The only down side is that Lake Motel doesn't provide breakfast. Nor does it have a indoor pool. I called the hotel and it is within walking distance. The weather so far seems like it'll be somewhat favorable, so we may get a swim in. And try out kayaking. I also always wanted to go fishing.

Thanks again!

6 posts
4. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Thank you for this bit of info as well. The Oktoberfest seems cool!

I have quickly picked up on the fact driving is a necessity. Thanks again!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
430 reviews
5. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

You're welcome. Have a great trip

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
6. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Lake Motel is decent, not one of the best but does have a good location. Your fairly close to most of the village areas shops and restaurants. It should be fine for what your looking for.

6 posts
7. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Thank you!! :)

6 posts
8. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Thank you. Perhaps next time around, I'll be a driver, and can be at a greater advantage! Thank you!

6 posts
9. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Can anyone tell me about the Lake George lunch boat please? Is it within distance to Lake Motel? I'm leaning towards boarding that, and in need of additional info. Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
10. Re: Lake George get away, 9/20

Its all here.

lakegeorgesteamboat.com/cruises/…

It gets Good reviews.

Edited: 18 September 2017, 07:32
Get answers to your questions about Lake George
Recent Conversations