We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab ride from Liberty Airport

Vancouver...
9 posts
Cab ride from Liberty Airport

Is it possible to get a cab from NJ/NY Liberty Airport and go to see the Statue of Liberty(just drive by) and get back to the airport in an hour? We arrive at 6:15 am and catch our connecting flight to Mexico at 9:00 am. I have never been to New York and I want to see something cool but I have such limited time. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,675 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Cab ride from Liberty Airport

You've posted this on the forum for Liberty, New York, a small town in the Catskill Mountains. You should repost on the New York City and/or Newark, NJ boards.

That said, I don't think you have time to do this. What time do you need to check in for your Mexico flight? If 6:15 a.m. is your scheduled arrival time then you won't get to a cab before 6:30 at the earliest even if your flight is exactly on time and you don't have to deal with checked luggage. Your required checkin time for your international flight is probably two hours beforehand, or 7 a.m.

I think, in practice, you'll end up going from your arrivals gate to your departure gate without that much time in between.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,742 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Cab ride from Liberty Airport

You should repost on the Newark NJ fourm. Yes it is. It is not NJ/NY Liberty airport it is Newark Liberty Airport in Newark NJ. You will probably still not get to New York. I do agree with the above that you probably wont have much time. Where are you flying from?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,982 posts
3. Re: Cab ride from Liberty Airport

I will be more blunt. There is absolutely no way that you have time to do this. You don't have time to leave the airport at all, let alone risk tunnel traffic.

Vancouver...
9 posts
4. Re: Cab ride from Liberty Airport

Thank you to everybody.........I kinda knew it but I was hoping!!!!!!!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,675 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Cab ride from Liberty Airport

Actually, you could see the Statue of Liberty from the NJ side at Liberty State Park, so tunnel traffic wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think there's time even for that.

Reply to: Cab ride from Liberty Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Liberty