We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self drive from Buffalo Airport

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Self drive from Buffalo Airport

Hi, I'm planning to take a flight from Huntsville to Buffalo on 29/6(fri, noon), then take hire a car to drive to Niagara falls. I can only be at the American side. All I'm interested is the scenery, fireworks and illumination. before returning to the airport for an early morning flight to NYC.

I wanted to find out is there a 1 day local tour from Buffola that can fulfill my needs without self driving as I heard getting a carpark is not easy in Niagara Falls and it charge per hours.

Thanks.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self drive from Buffalo Airport

You can park on Goat Island in some spots (Three Sisters Islands) for free--just not all day. But the bigger parking lot on Goat Island, near Terrapin Point, Cave of the Winds, and a short tram ride to the lookout and elevator down to the boat, Maid of the Mist, is only $10 per day. Try to get there as early as you can to avoid long lines at Cave of the Winds ($11 each to walk down in front of the falls on the American side). Goat Island is off the Robert Moses Parkway and very easy to get to after heading north on the 290. Google directions!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Self drive from Buffalo Airport

There are a few tour options (visitbuffaloniagara.com/things-to-do/…), but for you, the best and easiest thing to do is to rent the car. Like the poster above me indicated, you should be able to find parking quite easily for $10 or so and you should be able to see the lighting, fireworks and stuff quite readily.

3. Re: Self drive from Buffalo Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:42