We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Hello,

I would love to spend the honeymoon together with my future husband in zanzibar between 10-19th of August this year. I would appreciate a lot if you could recommend me some on budget accommodation on the northern part of the island ( I understood that it's the best part for the beach as the tide is not too high during the day and you can still swim). we would like some bungalows or accommodation in a cosy hotel, African style, not too luxurious but with nice view and private bathroom, Breakfast, something like a B&B. we would like to spend 3 days in Stone town and 8 days on the beach. Do you think it would be better to stay 4-5 days in the northern part and 3-4 on the south? The budget is limited as we would like to do a 2-3 days safari also, so if we could get a price like 60$ a night/double room we would be really happy. I am looking forward to read your recommendation.

PS: Is air conditioning necessary in august? should we look for an accommodation that provides it?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

And also, is August a very busy period in Zanzibar?

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
2. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Please advise your budget so that we can advise in detail on this

Welcome to Zanzibar

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Our budget is between 60 to 80 USD/ night per double room/bungallow.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
4. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

With that budget the one that I can suggest will be Amaani Bungalows It has a nice beach aand you will have many hotels that you can visit while here. I have spoken to tha manager and the lowest that he can offer you will be $65 hope that will be okey with you.

Please feel free if you need more help.

Welcome to the spice island

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

hi, Are you talking about Amaan Bungallows? I got a quotation from them and unfortunately is 80$ per garden room which are far from the beach, very basic and no A/C. the rest of the rooms start from 125 $ /night :(

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
6. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

This is a negotiated rate that I got after getting th your budget from you because I know the manager. I do not know th exact location of the room I will get back to you with the full details.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
7. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

That time is a high season and don`t expect to get a room in low price at that part of the Island.

Amaan Bungalows has that cheapest option but that time is too hot will need a room with AC like Deluxe or Seafront as Honeymooers.

Try to rise up your budget

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
8. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Madalina the Quotation i gave you was for the garden view rooms hope that will be okey with you.

Welcome to Zanzibar

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

Madalina,

Your budget is low and Zanzibar is not a place for memorable honeymoon. I would recommend you contact your countryman mikiduta for advice on something you will enjoy:

www.tripadvisor.ca/members-forums/Mikiduta

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon Recommandation

From Bucharest to Zanzibar on a honeymoon???

For the price of an air ticket you can spend a week in Turkey like a princess.