We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oia- best value with jacuzzi

california
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
oia- best value with jacuzzi

hi, i am traveling to santorini with my husband in september. i am looking for a place to stay that in relatively conventient location (since we don't plan on renting a car). it seems like oia or fira may be the best options, but seems like oia may be a nicer experience. i am wondering where we can stay where we get the best value for our price. we are looking to spend around 150-180 euro's per night. we don't mind if the hotel is not luxurios. all we care is that its clean and has a balcony with a good view. i also have a strong preference for a private jacuzzi on the balcony (its not a must, but if possible would really like one :)).

any recommendations? we would truly appreciate it.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

Check the Cave House Suite at the Delfini Hotel.

http://www.delfinihotel.net

california
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

thank you so much for your help!! i think this is the best price i've seen sofar for a balcony with jacuzzi. the only problem is that the time i will be staying there (around 12 of september) is still considered high season, which seems to be around 270 euros :( would you happen to know of any other budget hotels with jacuzzi on balcony? if not, what do you consider to be the best value in oia for a room with balcony (no jacuzzi)? i really love 'ikies' for its location and convenience. anything close to ikies that is not as expensive?

best regards.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

That's the only budget hotel with a jacuzzi on the balcony I know of.

The best values in Oia with a caldera view but no jacuzzin on the balcony would be one of the following:

Stelios Rooms, Thea Studios, Aspa Villas (top floor only), Old Oia Houses, Casa Sofia, Villa Kallisti, Lena's House, Fotinos Houses, Filotera Villas, Aris Caves, Chelidonia Villas, Fragkiskos Houses, Lauda Apartments and Golden Sunset Villas.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

Sorry, I meant Lauda Hotel.

california
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

thank you. are they in the same side of oia as ikies? i think the location is what makes oia have such a nice view, right?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

If by 'same side' you mean the caldera view, yes. If you mean the same area of the village, no. Ikies is on the southernmost end of the village and the rest are strung out along the cliff north of Ikies.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

Hey mundotraveler and welcome:-) ..bear in mind, by 'North' is a good thing as it means more central in Oia (although it's a small village and so easily walkable!)..I know when I hear *North*..I'm thinking 'far'..lol! Ikies is located at about the 'start' of Oia as you enter coming from Fira..You won't go wrong with any places BLL is mentioning here (after all, the man has got the entire village layout on the back of his hand and no one can assist you better;-)..but believe me..even as far 'out' as Ikies is, it's still basically a 5, maybe max 10 min walk into Oia center..not that far out at all! BTW..see you're pretty stuck on Ikies..lol! Unless I've missed it, you don't mention when or how long you're going for..but if you can swing it..well worth it! Returned for my 2nd stay here in May and can totally admit..am totally addicted to the place;-) You may want to try an email and see if you can cut a deal..nothing to loose;-) Enjoy!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

Angel cave houses has a jacuzzi on the balcony of all of their suites in your price range.

I haven't been there yet, but check out their website and email them: http://www.cavehouses-santorini.com

hope you find what youre looking for!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
358 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

We've been to Angel Cave Houses, didn't have the private Jacuzzi but those that have look very good. It does have a fantastic view. Look for reviews of the houses on TA.

London
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: oia- best value with jacuzzi

Hi!

Unfortunately the only hotel with Jacuzzis on the balcony that I know is Andronis Suites where I stayed in June with my other half. It was a great experience staying there as it was our honeymoon, the hotel was expensive but it was worth every penny! I book the room through a nice travel agency which provided me with a quick answer and a discount, here is their website if you want to take a look, maybe you can ask them about the jacuzzi, they were very helpful with all my demands. They have hotels everywhere but here is a link with the hotels they have in Oia.

santorini-hotels.info/santorini-island-map-h…

Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations