We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay near Hyde Park

Indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
87 reviews
Places to stay near Hyde Park

Have looked at TA accommodations in Poughkeepsie but looking for more options. Are there towns/accommodations within 15-20 miles of Hyde Park where you might recommend we stay? Something that offers a bit more charm possibly?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

Rhinebeck, New Paltz or maybe Millbrook?

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
206 reviews
2. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

Poughkeepsie has its own discrete charm, but I know what you mean.

There are nice places to stay right in Hyde Park, which is a charming little town (I think it's the most down-to-earth of the towns north of Poughkeepsie). I've heard good things about the Roosevelt Inn, and there are a number of bed and breakfasts in town. Rhinebeck to the north is more expensive (I think prohibitively so). There is also the town of Red Hook, which is charming and less upscale than Rhinebeck, but still more upscale than Hyde Park. Red Hook would be hitting your 20 mile limit.

I would recommend staying on the east side of the river in Dutchess County. Even though prices are generally lower on the west side of the Hudson, you might not want to deal with the highways and the bridge.

3. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 21:03
4. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2016, 15:05
Puget Sound...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
227 reviews
5. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

We stayed in Saugerties...nice town.

6. Re: Places to stay near Hyde Park

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2018, 19:18