We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

Hi

About to book car from Budget in Poughkeepsie - just wondering how I get to their office or will they drop car to train station?

Looking forward to reply.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

It is about 4 miles south on Route 9. I think you could get a taxi at the station to take you there.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
20,673 posts
2. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

If you click on Poughkeepsie on this Metro North map http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/mnrmap.htm it will show you the phone numbers of local cab services you can call to the station if there aren't any waiting around when you arrive.

Enterprise car rentals does station pick ups in Poughkeepsie. https:/…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

Thanks for your replies. I will get a taxi to the office. Enterprise seems to be booked out for the weekend I am looking for.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
425 posts
129 reviews
4. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

The taxi might work best but according to Budget's website they will pick up based on certain criteria.

From their website:

"To use our free pick-up service, call your Budget rental location directly at the location phone number listed on your reservation confirmation. Pick-up service policies (hours of availability, allowable pick-up distance, etc.) vary by location so it’s important that you call the location and make arrangements for pick-up at least 24 hours before your desired rental time. When you call the location, be ready to provide all applicable information including precise address, exact time of pick up, and a phone number where you can be reached at that time."

So you would need to call the Poughkeepsie location to find out.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
1 review
5. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

I did the Enterprise so had the pickup but there appeared to be several cabs waiting at the station when I was there in November.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

Thanks everyone - car is booked with Budget - I will take your advise and phone them about picking me up at the station.

7. Re: Poughkeepsie train station to Budget Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2017, 23:17