We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
17 reviews
Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

Hi all -

Random question, I know!

We will be driving from NYC to Cooperstown this June with a pit stop in Poughkeepsie for lunch & to go to Target to get supplies for husband and daughter's stay at Dreams Park (will have flown into NYC from west coast). One thing Target does not show on their site that we will need to pick up is a cheap styrofoam cooler.

Is there anyplace in particular that should carry them so we aren't on a wild goose chase?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,072 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

Most grocery stores have them.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

Target should carry the coolers in the store. Read through a few of your other posts regarding your trip. If traveling north on NY Thruway to I-88, there is a Walmart about 1 mile off the exit in the small town of Cobleskill (which you will pass) and another Walmart in the town of Oneonta. They are the closest department stores to Cooperstown if you don't feel like stopping in Poughkeepsie and would rather travel farther. There also is a Bed, Bath and Beyond in Oneonta if needed. Enjoy! Field of Dreams is an incredible experience.

Edited: 13 April 2016, 21:38
L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

Thanks all! I appreciate the tips! I think, for now, we will try the Poughkeepsie route as we will have been driving for about 2 hours and it would be a good midway point to stop, shop and eat some lunch. If we don't find what we need we will know there are more stops ahead on the route. Again, thanks so much!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
20,673 posts
4. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

There's also a Dollar General store in Poughkeepsie http://www.dollargeneral.com/storeLocator/

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

I put it on the list! Thanks!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
250 reviews
6. Re: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?

Poughkeepsie? I would think that your route would take you on the west side of the Hudson. That would be easier.

Reply to: Where can I buy a styrofoam cooler?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted