We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One January night in Sag Harbor

Long Island
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
One January night in Sag Harbor

We are planning a Saturday overnight at Barons Cove this month. A night away from our two small children is a major rarity so we would love to rest, relax, but also have fun together in Sag Harbor. Any suggested itinerary? A drink at one spot, lite bite at another and maybe music somewhere next? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,607 posts
1. Re: One January night in Sag Harbor

I hate to say this but there was recently a major fire in Sag Harbor that destroyed many of the older buildings. Before you head out there I would check to see what is still standing - and open given that Jan is the off season and many things close anyway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
963 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: One January night in Sag Harbor

I was out in Sag the day after the fire for the weekend and will be returning tonight for the weekend. Though sad the village is still open and needs business and visitors even more than before. Sag Harbor unlike the other hampton villages is all Mom and Pop (besides the 7-11) so they stay open as much as possible even into the deep cold just to make a few bucks if they can. Barron's cove is fantastic and has a great lounge and restaurant. It's my go-to summer Friday happy hour hang and we even had Thanksgiving dinner there. You can walk around Sag and eat in any of the establishments, that's the best thing about Jan., all open and all available! The only place that is not GREAT is the take out Chinese by the 7-11, everything else is a treat. Wolffer has a restaurant in town but also take a drive down to the vineyard for a wine tasting with cheese. YUMMMMM. There are other wineries but Wolffer is the best IMO. If you like museums then check out the Parrish, if you like a scenic walk then walk along the bay at Long Beach. Drinks at The American, Page, Dockside, Muse or the Corner for some good townie action (no I won't tell you where the REAL townie bar is located, that's our secret). But I will tell you where you will get the best breakfast, it's at the driving range, Poxabogue. The official name is Fairway - but we call it Poxabogue. Also there is good BBQ across the street at Townline BBQ. Check out Bay Street's schedule, it's a professional live theater, to see what's going on with them. The Whaling Museum is open and also check out the newly restored library across the street. I could keep going but I won't cause I have to get on the Jitney in 30 min.

Reply to: One January night in Sag Harbor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sag Harbor