We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

My friends and I are celebrating New Year in Sag Harbor. We were invited to Sen Bar (not the restaurant) but I can't seem to find any information about it. Does anyone know anything about that place, like the type of music, atmosphere and vibe the place gives off? We can use some other recommendations on how to ring in the New Year without it being too expensive. Maybe a restaurant we can go to? Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,037 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

Sen is a Japanese restaurant/bar. To my knowledge there is not a separate bar. It's all in the same space. I don't know who "invited" you, but you might try looking on their facebook page or tweeting them for your answers. There's nothing on their website about NYE. They have a $28 tasting menu that's very nice.

www.senrestaurant.com/sen-tasting-menu.pdf

You should find out if they're serving it for NYE. LT Burger is across the street for great burgers and other comfort food.

ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

A friend of a friend who works there invited us to the bar. Maybe it's next door? He said the cover charge is $110 for open bar and appetizers that will be passed around. It seems a little expensive to me and I was wondering if it was worth it. Thanks for the advice :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,037 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

"A friend of a friend who works there invited us to the bar. "

This imo is not an invitation but a way to generate business for the restaurant. ;0) If he/she were inviting you, they'd pay the cover charge. I tend to agree that $110 for passed appetizers is a lot of money unless you have a hollow leg and plan to drink the night away. You can get a full meal for that price elsewhere. In fact, 230 Elm in Southampton has a buffet dinner and live music and dancing for $75.

http://230elm.com/

Will the crowd be as cool as Sen? Will the food be as good? I don't know.

ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year celebration in Sag Harbor

Thanks! I'll consider the place you mentioned

Reply to: New Year celebration in Sag Harbor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sag Harbor