We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is April an ok time to visit?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
13 helpful votes
Is April an ok time to visit?
Save

Hello,

I am planning a short weekend trip in April. I expect it won't be warm enough for swimming or water sports, but I'd like to know if vineyards, restaurants and attractions will be open? If we plan on walking the beach and biking around town to vineyards etc., will that be enjoyable? What else could we do?

Thank you for your advice.

4 replies to this topic
Bethpage, New York
Level Contributor
292 posts
27 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Is April an ok time to visit?
Save

I see that you are from the city. While the temps vary from the city and the weather can actually be different the general temps and weather isn't that different. In April the weather is highly variable. You can get a nice, Spring day or cool and nasty weather. I wouldn't say walking on the beach is typically pleasant in April but then again you can get a pretty warm day....60's and it will be beautiful! Most wineries are open year round. I was at Raphael two weeks ago and we were able to sit on the outside terrace and enjoy the scenery. Croteaux opened for the season last weekend. Some even have weekend entertainment. Southold is still pretty quiet but there definitely is some action in Greenpoiint

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24,842 posts
2. Re: Is April an ok time to visit?
Save

You should check what you want to see - and assume more places will be open on weekends until late May.

New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
129 reviews
103 helpful votes
3. Re: Is April an ok time to visit?
Save

April is a great time to visit - the wineries are open year round, and you won't have to deal with the summer crowds.

Alabama
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Is April an ok time to visit?
Save

The lighthouse at Robert Moses State Park is open all year and if you catch a good day the view from the top is amazing. Plus off season is peaceful and pretty much empty. Just be aware that all the state parks and beaches begin charging on weekend only on April 1. The weekdays are free until Memorial Day.

Reply to: Is April an ok time to visit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southold
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.