We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Which White Plains hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Travelling to Greenwich for a wedding in June, and hoping to go to a Yankees game while up there. What area would be easy to get to the stadium and then the airport the next day? Don't have a car, and would like to keep hotel around $200.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

You don't say how you're getting to and from the wedding.

For both the Yankees and the airport, I think your best bet would be to stay at a White Plains hotel that's close to a Metro North station, either White Plains or White Plains North. You'll be able to get a train to and from the game and won't be too far from the airport - a local bus or taxi ride.

Here's the URL for the Metro North timetable to and from Yankees games:

mta.info/mnr/…202012.pdf

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Welcome to our area. May have to up the $$$$$ take Metro North to Yankee Game. To airport there is Ct. limousine or private taxi. And it does go from Greenwich Ct. You could stay in Greenwich since the wedding is there. white Plains has many hotels, especially one Rte 119, lots of Mariotts, like Courtyard,which is nice and Soringfield(or what ever it s called). Also there is a Renaissance on Barker Ave right in White Plains. Yankee tics abe come down in price. Have fun.

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

We already have a hotel set for the wedding, were told to take a taxi from the airport to that. Our last night we would move to another hotel, take the train into the afternoon Yankees game, back to the new hotel for the night. Then a taxi or limo to the airport next day.

I was just looking to leave the hotel in Greenwich due to the fact it is way expensive and we have 2 rooms!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Staying in White Plains will work, but how would you get from Greenwich to your new hotel?

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

I suppose another taxi, or perhaps a wedding attendee. One of the families is from that area.

Would it be just as easy to stay put in Greenwich and take a train from there to Yankee Stadium?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

If you look on the Metro North website I gave you, you'll see that there are direct trains back to Greenwich after Yankees games. On the way in, depending on day of the week, you'll probably have to change at 125th Street, but that shouldn't be much of an impediment.

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Thanks to AudenHoggart for the link to the Metro North. One question though - why did you give link to the Harlem Line and not the New Haven line? Because of where I said we were staying? Found a room at the Rye Courtyard using Reward Points, so will be there Sunday night and travelling to Yankees game Sunday afternoon. Please advise if I should look at another line/route. Thanks for the help!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

You had asked about White Plains, which is on the Harlem Line. You could certainly stay in Rye if you wanted to. You'd be about a half mile from the Rye Metro North station, which is on the New Haven Line. You'd also need to figure out how to get from the hotel to HPN. I assume it would be by taxi.

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Thanks - I thought that was the reason but wanted to be sure. Yes, it's going to be a taxi weekend :)

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel convenient to Yankee Stadium and HPN

Have a good trip