We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it easy to get an UBER?

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Is it easy to get an UBER?

Mu husband and I are staying at the Mast Farm Inn in October. We are going to be dining in Blowing Rock and the Gamekeeper restaurants at night. Will we be able to get an Uber to pick us up and return us to the Mast Farm Inn or is it too far out of the way? We would like to have some drinks but do not want to drive afterwards.

9 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

Y'know the Mast Farm Inn has a very lovely restaurant. You could do drinks there, too.

I don't know about Uber. From looking at their website it looks like they have some, but couldn't tell you how quick and easy it is. Seems like it might be fine, but couldn't give you any first hand experience: https://www.uber.com/cities/boone/

I don't think you'd want to drive to or from the Gamekeeper with a buzz on, though. Shull's Mill is a super twisty and windy road with many blind curves and turns. In fact, you might not want to drive it sober at night if you're not used to it.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
151 reviews
2. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

The drive from VC to BR is about 40 minutes. I honestly do not know either if there is any Uber service. I suggest asking the Mast Inn. There is also an outstanding restaurant very close. Over Yonder Restaurant. I would get reservations asap.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,575 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

Kudos for staying at the Mast Farm Inn. So very lovely!

I agree about eating there or nearby -

https://www.themastfarminn.com/dining/

https:/…

The suggestion to ask the MFI is a good one. Or check your Uber app about the same time you may need one to see if any are hanging out in the arae. You may have to wait for one to drive out from Boone or Banner Elk but I have no idea how many drivers they have either.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

Maybe you could eat at the Gamekeeper and come back to the Mast Farm Inn for drinks?

Over Yonder is a great suggestion, too.

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

I guess I am a little confused. I thought the Mast Farm Inn only served breakfast. What is the onsite restaurant called that serves dinner and drinks?

I was definitely planning a lunch at Over Yonder because I see that it closes at 8pm in the evenings.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,575 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

Oh my goodness! The Mast Farm Inn used to be famous for their fine dining restaurant. I didn't realize they no longer offered that.

Here's OLD information found by googling -

Serves: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner

Price Range:

Description:

Our restaurant "Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn" was selected from among hundreds of fine dining restaurants in North Carolina as one of the Top Ten for "The Best Dish in North Carolina 2010 Award"; North Carolina's Official State Restaurant Competition, presented by The North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services and sponsored by Our State Magazine. See our restaurant's website for complete reference information.

Hours:

Serving Every Morning for Breakfast

Serving Thursday, Friday & Saturday For Dinner

January, February, March, April, November, December

~ Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays with Seating at 6:30 PM & 7:30 PM

Serving Four Evenings a Week for Dinner

May, June, July, August, September, October

~ Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays with Seating at 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM & 8:00PM

Open Any Day & Time By Prior Arrangement for Private Parties, Birthday And Anniversary Celebrations, Rehearsal Dinners, Weddings, & Special Occasions or Events

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
151 reviews
7. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

I think it is just Over Yonder now. I would check with the Inn. They can answer all your concerns.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,575 posts
95 reviews
8. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

The original restaurant was in the inn. This was years ago, when they first opened.

Good to know they no longer have that restaurant. Maybe they needed more space.

Edited: 12 September 2017, 18:50
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Is it easy to get an UBER?

Ahh, I didn't realize that changed either. Looks like you can have drinks and dinner delivered to your room, but that might not be what you're going for.

Reply to: Is it easy to get an UBER?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock