We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

Hi -

We are looking to rent an oceanfront beach house in Hatteras Village next year. The one that we like is located directly across from the turn to the Okracoke Ferry at 58991 South Beach Drive.

As we have never rented in Hatteras before I have only one concern, which is the distance from the oceanfront home to the beach area. My mother-in-law will not come down to the beach, but enjoys sitting on the deck all day watching the family play in the sand and the water. From the house pictures I can not ascertain if the beach is too far away to be visible for her to enjoy the view from the deck. Does anyone have insight on the are and the beach that far down on the island?

Thanks for any help!

4 replies to this topic
Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

Looks like your as advertised beach front, So you should have unobstructed view .

https:/…

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

Click on the "road/aerial view" in the description and zoom in. Might be dunes in the way, but she should have a good view from the top floor deck. Gorgeous house! Go for it!

Edited: 02 October 2018, 17:25
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

Thanks!!

Williamstown, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
4. Re: Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental

There is a fairly good dune system in place there, you may have issues seeing passed the dune line. This is especially true if you are in anyone of the homes on South Beach Drive....That is certainly the high rent district

Edited: 28 November 2018, 17:01
Reply to: Beach visibility from Hatteras oceanfront house rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted