We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation

Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation

We will be visiting Ocean Isle Beach for my nephew's wedding over labor day weekend. I am wondering about the availability of cabs or shuttles on the island. After drinking at the reception we would prefer not to be driving.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Beach
North Carolina
Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation

We will have a rental car but other family members are considering taking a shuttle from the airport to ocean isle. Do you have a shuttle or taxi service you would recommend and the approximate cost?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation

Might be some ubers around, but I'm not aware of any cabs or shuttles.

What airport?

Where is the reception? And your accommodations? Might just be walkable.

Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation

We've checked and it is not walkable but a Google search turned up a couple shuttles from the airport and a few taxi services for Ocean Isle. Makes me concerned if no one has heard of them though

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Beach
North Carolina
Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation

Flying into Myrtle Beach

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation

Well, I'm local (NC) so I wouldn't need a shuttle. We just drive to OIB. We do go down to OIB on our regular rotation of NC beaches and I don't recall seeing a shuttle, but it's not something I would have been looking for. Certainly most people drive their own cars full of all the beach stuff necessary for a full week's worth of fun.

6. Re: Public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach