We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

Youngstown, Ohio
1 post
Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

Has anyone stayed in rental houses on these roads in Waves? I'm concerned with the campgrounds and RV's in your backyard. Is it noisy or loud at night? Are the beaches more crowded with all of the campers in that area?

7 replies to this topic
Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

It really depends on the time of year but normally the campgrounds are not loud. Both streets you mentioned are a nice mix of year round, second homes and rentals. Walking distance to the beach, the sound, restaurants, etc.

2 posts
2. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

Thanks! So you wouldn't let the campgrounds get in the way of renting a house on those streets? I was worried the campgrounds might make it hard for kids to fall asleep at night. We are going in the second week of August.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
445 posts
3. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

I stayed on Mac-Oca which is the next road north of the KOA. I had no problems with noise at all. Given that, I might not stay there again since the grouping of campgrounds made it a bit more crowded on the beach than further south. Not that it was crowded at all, just I am spoiled.

Edited: 19 March 2015, 12:51
2 posts
4. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

Yes - we are used to staying in Salvo where there are very few people.

2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

I too was wondering about the camping sites so thanks for posting. My other question is about beach access from Island Pine Drive. Do you know if there is access? On google maps it looks like private driveways and we’d have to walk around to the campsite for beach access.

Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
6. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

How was the beach access from Mac Oca Dr.?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
445 posts
7. Re: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N

The last time I was there it was fine, right where Mac-Oca Dr. meets Mac-Oca Ct. https://goo.gl/maps/18VDVTRjnBu

Reply to: Rental houses on Island Pine Drive and Wimble shores N
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waves