We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panera Bread?

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Panera Bread?

Hello. We are looking to be in the Minot/Bismarck area in a couple of weeks, and were hoping to eat at a Panera Bread while there. I understand one is being built in Minot, and one in Bismarck. I guess one just opened in Fargo, yesterday, so it's slowly expanding across ND. Can anyone confirm if construction has started in Minot/Bismarck and if any opening date is posted? Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Panera Bread?

No opening until next year for Minot and Bismarck is the last information I heard.

1 post
2. Re: Panera Bread?

God sakes, DON'T eat at Panera Bread Bismarck! We don't live in Biz. We commute 120+ miles once a month to Dr. Hubby Joe is on kidney transplant list, dialysis. Monthly dr. visit, all day. We try to eat before leave town. Tried P.B. We are diet conscious. Salad was MORE stems than leaves, whatever the 'seasonal greens' were supposed to be...(could have come home , eaten our maple tree...leaves are pretty.lol)..with a 'vinaigrette' dressing. Bone dry, No discernable dressing. Both ordered that 'chicken avocado melt' Focaccia was way over toasted, the chicken, while fresh roasted was a bit difficult to locate on the sandwich....they COMPLETELY FORGOT the avocado!....as we did not want chipotle mayonnaise, they had all of 3.. packs of plain mayonnaise, not fresh, mind you, (of desperation we only used 2). Needless to say, sandwich was hard and dry. Manager seemed very befuddled as to why we responded 'terrible' when he inquired as to our first time opinion....He offered to remake sandwiches. Since we had already been there over half an hour..and we're anxious to get on the road home, we declined...Then he offered a pastry, we explained the dialysis situation and sugared offerings were not an option. He ran out of ideas. He retreated. End result: I took what was left of my sandwich home to my dogs... along with their idea of a ..'baquette' side. It was unchewwable. I cut that up into cubes... my chickens thought that was good.The fruit cup 'side' was fair but under ripe at best...If you have a lot of time to sit there and wait for this restaurant to get your order right, go for it. Final word: $35.00+ for that? Inedible salad and sandwiches? Treat yourself......OLIVE GARDEN....in Bismarck... awesome meal...same money. If that doesn't cover our experience for you, eat at your own risk! We are organic farmers...we know good food. This is NOT it. They might be glad I don't critique their service.....you asked!

Reply to: Panera Bread?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bismarck