We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

There seem to be a number of similar questions, but I am planning a 2015 summer trip to hit the NPs in the Dakotas/Wyoming. The last day will be driving from Wall back to Bismark. Any particularly scenic routes? Any places worth stopping along the way to break up the drive? From what I have gathered it sounds like it may be a pretty boring drive and my map certainly looks like there is a lot of nothing. If it's just best to take the fastest route and be done with it that's fine. Just looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

It isn't really exciting. There really isn't too much to see to make you chose one route or the other.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

Ditto - just take the fastest route.

Level Contributor
1 post
246 reviews
3. Re: Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

Don't know if you're still planning on going this summer or not but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. We just made almost this exact drive in reverse (Actual itinerary was Bismarck, ND to Pierre, SD to Rapid City, SD). We stayed one night in Pierre, and I think it's worth a stop to break up that drive...it is LONG. The drive from Pierre to Bismarck is a lot of just very flat landscape but you do drive through (literally just one road through) very small towns. Of course, this was interesting to us as from the East Coast we don't have many stretches of nothingness like that. The town hall is particularly beautiful, and the Downtown area is very cute and a total throwback in Pierre. I'd stop there at least to break up the ride!

4. Re: Wall, SD to Bismark, ND

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2017, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Bismarck