We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bismarck Public Transportation

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
2,747 reviews
Bismarck Public Transportation

I expect to be in Bismarck for a day and a half next week without a vehicle. Is there bus transport from the airport to downtown hotels? Is there bus service to recommended sights in the area; and, if so, what would be the suggested stops for a very short stay? I would be most appreciative of any information.

4 replies to this topic
North Dakota
Level Contributor
141 posts
1. Re: Bismarck Public Transportation

Many hotels offer airport shuttles, but you need to arrange for them when making reservations. You mentioned wishing to stay in a hotel downtown. The Radisson, which is located downtown, does offer a shuttle from the airport to their hotel. Other hotels that are close to the downtown area include: Best Western Ramkota, Expressway Inn/Expressway Suites. You will find some great boutiques, restaurants and pubs in the downtown area. For more information, contact the Bismarck-Mandan Visitors Bureau: discoverbismarckmandan.com/ , 1.800.767.3555.

Capital Area Transit serves the cities of Bismarck and Mandan. 701-258-6817, http://www.bismantransit.com/ . There is not a site-seeing bus, however, so if you were to take Capital Area Transit, you would need to carefully plan your trip. In my opinion, it would be much easier to take a taxi to a few specific sites that you want to see. It would be a little more expensive, but worth the money. The phone number for Taxi 9000 is: 701-223-9000.

Perhaps you would enjoy a ride on the Lewis and Clark Riverboat and perhaps, before or afterward, a walk along the Missouri River and Keelbooat Park. You may also like Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, south of Mandan - where General George Custer's house, commissary and barracks is rebuilt - there is also a gift shop located there as well. Other attractions include: North Dakota Heritage Center and Dakota Zoo.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
2,747 reviews
2. Re: Bismarck Public Transportation

This is extremely helpful Thank you for the response.

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
3. Re: Bismarck Public Transportation

I,am travelling to Bismark in June and then onto Alexander,is there public transport between these two places

North Dakota
Level Contributor
141 posts
4. Re: Bismarck Public Transportation

No, I'm sorry. There is no public transportation that runs from Bismarck to Alexander, ND.

Reply to: Bismarck Public Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bismarck