We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs/Bars

chesterfield
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
Pubs/Bars

We are staying in the Smartline Madara in one months time.....are there any pubs local to the hotel?.....are ther any or many just small bars in Golden Sands?

Last year we went to Nessebar and found quiet a few small Bars/Pubs in New Nessebar...So looking for same things..........also we need some suggestions for Restraurants...if anyone has any

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Pubs/Bars

There are no pubs as such. One or two look like a pub

But they are all bars or restaurants and there are many

Golden sands is not that big so you can walk anywhere

It's safe the main road dose not run through the resort so no passing

Bad guys no trouble any time day or night

In general no rip fruit sellers don't see beggars no rip off taxi drivers most will have the price on show

And it's much the same around 50 lev return to Varna. Most pay on return bit more if you want a different part of Varna and no watered down beer

I have been to nessebar golden sands is not the same

I use the white lady bar it's just for sitting drinking and talking no music right on the sea front

It's next to the hotel kaliakra

But there are many small bars to choos from I try to use a different bar / restaurant for each meal

Restaurants they do get less each year the all in hotels are killing them off

I like the Havana up in party street the gerana up near the bonita. And of course the white lady

The chifika & staring dab the Zlatna Kotva is right on the sea front and well under used

The black pearl is nice but not cheap ( the boat ) some small ones down near the marina

( But remember British are in much fewer numbers than they are in nessebar )

But their are many others mamma Mia the island poco loco the old house You should find some that suits you. In general bars and restaurants on the front charge more away from the front it costs less go in to Varna and it's less again happy grill in Varna is good across the road from McDonalds

Also saying that the McDonalds in Varna is half the price of the McDonalds in golden sands

There is many to try have fun

chesterfield
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Pubs/Bars

Thanks Shannonshaq................are there any "local bars"................where the Bulgarian people go in the area?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Pubs/Bars

Golden sands is only a holiday resort so no real locals like other resorts

Most live in Varna And stay for the season or come in by bus each day

But many Bulgarians do go their for their holidays

so the bars are not like the bars in sunny beach

The White lady that I like is like a local bar people just sit about smoking drinking beer or Coffey and talking

Their are others that are just like that

there is a beach bar down towards the marina on the beach cant remember the name I call it George's place because the guy out side used to be George. There is fake cannon out side

a lot of people go on holiday in golden sands from Romania. Ukrain Russia. Bulgaria Germany Poland Israel Iran few French. Few Irish few British So you don't really get British type bars at all

My son would go to a bar and when the bar was low on customers they would close and he would go with the bar staff to the bar that they used and on to party's that they went to

Apart from the clubs most bars are very Bulgarian. They just cost more You tend to find the bars at the back of the resort used more by the Bulgarians because they are cheaper and the cheaper hotels are up their but for real Bulgarian bars Varna

Reply to: Pubs/Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations