We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southampton F.C. first game

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Southampton F.C. first game

Hi coming Golden Sands on Saturday staying Melia Grande Hermitage, anyone got any good recommendations where we can watch Saints first game of season, not too far from hotel. Many Thanks

Wayne

10 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

that would be hard to say their are many bars showing football but if that football will be Southampton or not is something I cant say

golden sands is not that big really you can walk anywhere nowhere is to far and you are about mid way in the resort

I would say take walk around the resort most of the football bars will have the games that they are showing posted on a board outside or just ask if they are showing it

just to say British are not in big numbers in golden sands and of them how many may want to watch Southampton play and the amount of customers that a match brings in tom a bar will determine which match they are showing

take a walk around before the match ask what they are showing

I know that there is a beach bar down towards the marina that show games that others don't

but in general their will be football on in many bars cant promise that it will be Southampton that they are showing

are you on the 20.00 Gatwick to Varna flight Saturday if so you will properly get in to the hotel around 4am

and the match is Sunday at around 1300 so around 1600 local time

you have not got a lot of time to walk around the bars to see who is showing what

come out of the hotel down the steeps towards the sea turn right many bars up that way

when you get to the hotel admiral look over to your right bar Gibraltar

a road next to it takes you up to party street many more bars up that way

if you carry on along party street just passed roxis club you will see some sports bars on the corner

if you turn left here it will take you back to the front turn left at the front and it will take you back to your hotel passed more bars mama mia has lots of screens

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

Many thanks for quick reply, yes we’re on the 20:00 flight from Gatwick and we normally go to Sunny Beach, thought we’d try something different this year.

Hopefully we won’t lose first game off the season.

Wayne

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

Golden sands is not like sunny beach very many less British so no real British bars

The muppet bars claims to be a British karaoke bar that's about it

You don't get the weak beer. Or the fruit sellers

Taxi drivers are good Varna return is around 50 lev and most you pay on return

The main road dose not run through the resort so you don't get the through traffic makes it a safe resort

Hotel food is the same could be good could be bad

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

Many thanks

Barnet
Level Contributor
238 posts
333 reviews
5. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

Hi,

I guess the game is not on Sky or BT and so you might have some difficulty finding it on somewhere.

Most bars show the live games but it is not usually the Sky coverage and the commentary will be in Bulgarian or German.

Your best bet is to go out the day before or early on the morning of the match and try the following:

Past the big wheel on the beach there is a collection of bars on the beach, about in the middle is a sports bar which shows games.

Alternatively there is a bar just above the Hotel Arabella which shows lots of sport - ask behind the bar and if a Saints feed is available and if so could they put it on one of the man TV's.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

The problem is the op is on the Saturday 11 th 20,00 flight from gatwick

So arriving in the hotel early hours of the 12th. And the match is in the afternoon of the 12th

So it's on a lot of time to look to find the bars

I don't watch football so I don't know which bar would be most likely to show this match

But I do know many bars do show football

The Bulgarians like football. But do they watch Southampton.

With such a short time to find a bar try the hotel first maybe it's on the Internet

Edited: 07 August 2018, 06:16
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

Many thanks, looks like I’ll just have to have few beers and keep checking online at score.

I’ll have quick runaround before game just to see if anyone is.

Like I say many thanks for help

Edited: 07 August 2018, 14:31
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
116 posts
8. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

One of the Bulgarian sports channel is holding the rights to broadcast the Premier League but on Sunday they will be showing Liverpool - West Ham which will be played at the same time as Southampton - Burnley. Your best bet would be to try watch the game online on your phone or laptop. Good luck!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

golden sands is on Google earth street you will be able to see just where the bars are

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: Southampton F.C. first game

I know its late now but just got back did you find a bar

I walked past papa mia and the board said that they were showing this match

Reply to: Southampton F.C. first game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations