We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Varna

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Bus to Varna

Hi, I'm in Golden Sands at the minute - does anyone know if and how I can get a local bus into Varna? Thanks in advance - Dave

6 replies to this topic
Bansko, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: Bus to Varna

The number 9 and 149 go to Varna, there’s also private taxi minibus that charge 2.50lev

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Bus to Varna

walk up to the main road or the main gate entrance

the main road runs around the resort you will see bus stops along this road

if you go to the sea front face the sea turn right walk all along the front you will come to a tree lined road

walk right to the end of this and you come to the main gate police check point there is a café other things and a bus stop you want the 409 to Varna not the 409 away from Varna that is going to balchik

there is a 409 bus stop just near McDonalds in varna for the way back

in the summer season don't know if its running now but their is or was in august a frre shuttle bus from the hotel golden yarvor to the grand mall varna

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Bus to Varna

what hotel are you at the main gate may be along way from that hotel

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Bus to Varna

Hotel perla - south end of the resort - well up the hill - thanks

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Bus to Varna

I know it carry on up the hill until you come to a main road you will know it when you see it it is the road from Varna to balchik you should find bus stops all along that road there is also a bus station / bus garage on that road don't know if the bus stop in that station or you have to wait at the stop outside

just make sure that you get the bus towards Varna if you walk up the hill face the road the bus going to the left is to Varna myself I always get a taxi 50 lev return pay on return door to door pick me up any time from anywhere in Varna I just phone him come and get me

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Bus to Varna

Great thank you - will give it a go today

Reply to: Bus to Varna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations