We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundrette

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Laundrette

Hi I have booked to come here next year staying in the melia and wondered if anyone knew the Landry costs there? Also is there a laundrette near buy? I am a bit ocd and can't face bringing 2 weeks of dirty clothes home. We normally stay in apartments or villas with a washing machine. First time to Bulgaria also.

2 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Laundrette

Never seen any laundrettes in golden sands most hotels do have Luanda services price by the item

Normally find a price list in the hotel room different hotels are different prices

Only ever used them in Sofia on work they really liked the starch there.

You may have more luck with a laundrette in Varna but I have never seen one in Varna

So you would need to look away from the main areas for one

Best bet would be to ask a taxi driver

The melia grand is fairly new hotel so will have all the services it's a big hotel. A lot of steps down to the beach very close to the centre

As its your first time to Bulgaria. Golden sands is not a big resort it has no town to it it is a resort only

The biggest complaint in all Bulgaria is hotel food You like it or you don't a good all in hotel is a must if you want good food it's cheap to eat out. Across from the melia is the black pearl boat restaurant that's good but not cheap

There are more and more ATM machines around the resort some look better than others

Supermarkets all around the resort

I take it you are flying in to Varna airport not Burgas the transfer from Burgas is not nice

Golden sands is safe most roads are closed to traffic just service vans etc

You can change currency in most hotels don't use the street booths

The currency is lev I change some pounds in the uk just to get by for a day or two then change as and when I need more in the resort

At the airport the prices in the shop are in euros you can pay in pounds or lev but anything other than euros and they will give you a bad exchange rate

Unless you are getting beach sunbeds and parasols through the hotel if you are using sunbeds on the beach

The price is 8 to 10 lev per piece per day not cheap

The bus to Varna runs on the main road you would have to go out the hotel door the door not facing the sea walk right up the hill to the main road to a bus stop it's the 409 to Varna

I get a taxi door to door you should pay no more than 50 to 60 lev return for a taxi depending where you go

Varna centre 50 lev return Varna malls 60 return.

I pay on return I phone the taxi when I am ready to come back

In the Varna centre the taxi will normally drop you at the bus stop by McDonalds This is also the 409 bus stop

If you walk up the pedestrian way buy McDs walk right to the top it will take you to the catherdral

The other way will take you down to the sea front

Bulgarian are very laid back it's not like turkey you don't haggle on the market stalls for one thing

Bansko, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
137 reviews
2. Re: Laundrette

There are no self service laundries in GS, only choice is to use the hotel laundry service.

You could email them to ask for a price list of their laundry service.

Reply to: Laundrette
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations