We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need motel reccomendations

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need motel reccomendations

Hi all, we are heading to arnprior, either tomorrow night or monday morning(family emergency), so I haven't had time to research the area or lodging yet....

can someone tell me where we should stay please?...

we'll require 2 double rooms, with breakfast if possible..

thanks

tracey

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need motel reccomendations

Hi Traceylynne,

Sorry to hear about your family emergency... having gotten to know you thru TA please know that my thoughts are with you.

Arnprior, as you may or may not know is an Ottawa suburb (but more of a country town) it is about 70 Kms (just under an hour) from downtown Ottawa accessible by Hwy 417 (expressway).

There is very limited accommodations in Arnprior (not much in the way of local industry)... I suggest that you look at the TA REVIEWS for more info:

Country Squire Motel - is Ranked as # 1 (out of 3 properties) and has a TA Traveller Satisfaction Rating of 4 HOOTS but only based on 1 Review (August, 31, 2008). www.countrysquiremotel.ca

Arnprior Quality Inn - is Ranked at # 2 and has a TA Satisfaction Rating of 2-1/2 HOOTS based on 4 Reviews (last one was September 29, 2009). www.arnpriorqualityinn.com

It is my experience that a lot of folks tend to stay in Kanata (about 50 Kms away down the 417 = 35 Minuites Drive Time) as there is a larger assortment of Hotels and the Quality is a bit better.

In Kanta you'll find:

Brookstreet Hotel (# 17 out 59 Hotel Properties in Ottawa) a 4 Star Property rated at 4 HOOTS by TA Travellers based on 52 Reviews (last one on October 18, 2009).

Holiday Inn Select Hotel & Suites (# 28 out of 59 in Ottawa) a 3 Star Property rated at 4 HOOTS by TA Travellers based on 21 Reviews (last one on October 6, 2009).

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need motel reccomendations

Ooops,

LOL, I only wrote down the Hotels that are listed under the OTTAWA category... you'll also find these two under Kanata:

# 1 - Country Inn & Suites - a 2-1/2 Star Property with a TA Satisfaction Rating of 4 HOOTS based on 13 Reviews (Last one on September 15, 2009)

and

# 2 - Comfort Inn West - a 2 Star Property with a TA Satisfaction Rating of 3-1/2 HOOTS based on 22 Reviews (Last one on October 20, 2009).

There are also more hotels in the area of Nepean known as Bells Corners (next town across the Greenbelt toward Ottawa from Kanata) so about another 10 Kms away from Arnprior. As far a Quality they are regarded as somewhat lower (and cheaper) than Kanata.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need motel reccomendations

thanks wine 4-2.....I was very tempted to pm you....:)

we'll need to stay as close to arnprior as possible....the country inn (first one) looks ok.....so I'll be calling them first thing tomorrow....we'll have our future DIL with us and she is just over 3 months pregnant, so hopefully it will be a very clean motel....as she cannot get the flu shot yet for a few more weeks....OK I am sharing too much info now....:)...

I will also look into the other motels/hotels you have listed...my son may prefer to stay in places with better reviews...I've got the kids hooked on this site....lol

thanks again

tracey

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need motel reccomendations

Hi Traceylynne,

You are very welcome, glad I could be of help.

I have little to no experience with Hotels in Arnprior

But of the ones in Kanata, of course the Brookstreet is a 4 Star Property (in the Hi-Tech area, so it is away from the more commercial area for Restaurants, Shopping etc, and closer to a Residential area).

The Holiday Inn Select is very nice, great access to the 417 (Kanata Avenue / Castlefrank Exit)... and sits next to the Centrum Mall area which has lots of Restaurants etc. Although as a note, the restaurant in the Hotel is quite nice, have eaten there several times. The Hotel is very clean and the staff seem friendly (been there for a couple of conferences / business meetings).

Of the other two, I would say the Country Inn & Suites is better. It is near Scotiabank Place (Terry Fox Exit off the 417). The Centrum Centre is less than a Km away (to the north), and there are restaurants there (chains) as well as some others in the opposite direction (south) down Terry Fox. Have also been to the Country Inn & Suites for a Breakfast Meeting and it seemed like a nice place.

I wish you and your family well... Take care,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

5. Re: need motel reccomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Arnprior
Recent Conversations