We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling on hwy 11

Minnetonka...
1 post
Traveling on hwy 11

Looking for a good place to stay along hwy 11, half-way between Thunder Bay and Kap. Any ideas?

7 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

There's very little on this highway - towns are few and far between. It's actually only a 7.5 hour drive so it can be done in a day. However, if you're determined to split the drive, you might look at Geraldton or Longlac, which are about the halfway mark.

Peace River, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

Hi There

We are travelling Hwy 11 across Ontario and into Montreal and Quebec City and then on to Shediac and Wolfville. Anyone have any interesting stops for hiking OR cozy unique food stops OR camping spots that are dog friendly AND any other neat ideas for along the way.... Thanks in advance!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,241 posts
835 reviews
3. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

Rbarnes17, You may want to start your own forum post and be more explicit from where you are starting your trip...

Edited: 14 August 2013, 19:01
Peace River, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

Ohh if I can only figure out how...

Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
5. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

It's very easy RBarnes17. Just go onto the Ontario forum, tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154979-i54-Ontario… , and click the yellow "Ask a question" button right above the list of existing topics. As tdsuperstar says you'll have to say where you're coming from or what roads you're taking, since "across Ontario" could mean a lot of things. You might also want to ask in the Quebec forum about the Quebec part of your journey.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,241 posts
835 reviews
6. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

Also, google maps is a good place to start mapping out an adventure....

Peace River, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Traveling on hwy 11

Thanks so much for all the info...ok I will do that.... I have mapped out our trip through Google Maps and used AMA also and they sent me a lovely pkg with all the books and maps we needed ... and we also used gasbuddy.com

to plan out our gas consumption! Would you believe that its going to cost over 4000 lbs to our carbon footprint... wow!

Reply to: Traveling on hwy 11
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kapuskasing