We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Are these two areas close to each other? and what part of PEI are they in? What is the difference?

Thank you

16 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,124 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Hi QUEST ~

http://goo.gl/maps/Eyniw

Open the above link to see where North Rustico and Anglo Rustico. They are only 10 min drive away from each other and close to Green Gables and Cavendish as well. Will have to leave it up to the good locals to describe them.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 22:24
Vancouver
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
2. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Thank you so much.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Mufti pretty much cleared up your question. In my mind Rustico is just a general area that is composed of North Rustico, South Rustico, and Anglo Rustico. The town of Rustico itself is in North Rustico and the other two are compromised of a lot of farms, cottages, and a few houses. For all intents and purposes Anglo Rustico really isn't a distinct area and is part of South Rustico in my mind. A big cottage area. Hope that clears it up.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
4. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Thank you, that makes sense. There is a B & B there we were checking out and the owner said Anglo Rusitico is alot quieter.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
5. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

This area is on the North Shore of PEI 25 minutes from Ch'town and one of the main tourist areas. Beautiful beaches, golf courses lots to do nearby

For clarification

North Rustico is a fishing village known as "the Crick", by us locals,

then there is Rusticoville, Anglo Rustico and Rustico (use to be called South Rustico but the gov't upon urging by local historians, including my late father-in-law, changed it back to it's original name of Rustico)

I travel alot and you can't beat the North Shore of PEI in the summer to offer something for everyone

If I can answer any questions just ask

Vancouver
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
6. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Are all these areas you just mentioned all beside each other? When I look on trip advisor for a place to stay it only comes up North Rustico. So is this area the only area where you can rent a cottage etc.? How far would this area be from Basin Head? Is Green Gables area and Cavendish the same area? I was hoping this Rustico area was away from all the touristy areas.

Thank you

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
7. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Yes these are all beside each other coming from Ch'town on Route 6 it would be Rustico, Anglo Rustico, Rusticoville, North Rustico (7 minutes and you are from one end to the other)

Lots of cottages in the area

Basin Head would be a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive

Green Gables/ Cavendish only about 10 minutes away

What time of year are you coming? Our main tourist season is very short. Did you get the PEI Visitor guide or check the website?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
8. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

I did get the visitor tourist guide. I guess I am confused. I am looking for a small town to stay in that is near Basin Head Beach. What town would that be then? Then we will be heading to Souris to catch the Ferry to Magdalen Islands.

Thank you

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Quest, why not look around Souris? Or anywhere along the East side, Georgetown, Montague, Cardigan all of which would be a short drive to Souris.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
22,022 posts
132 reviews
10. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Slightly off topic, but just wanted to mention that the Rustico area is just one example of the love of PE Islanders in having similar names for settlements in an area.... there's also Tignish and Anglo Tignish. Or how about Bedeque, Lower Bedeque, Central Bedeque, and North Bedeque? ;-)

Reply to: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rustico
Recent Conversations