We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria

Charlottetown...
5 posts
Save Topic
Malaria

Hi !

Anyone here that contracted malaria, while staying in ajijic, or did you have to take malaria tablets for the duration of your stay.

any advises on the mandatory vaccine needed...or preventive?

Thanks a lot

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria

i know 2 guys that contracted tuberculosis in cancun if that helps.

Ajijic
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria

I've never heard of anyone ever having malaria here. I own a B&B here, and so hear most things but never anything like that. The medical care here is wonderful and I don't think it's the kind of place where you would contact anything like that.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria

I doubt that you could contract malaria unless you were boating and spent the night in a marshy area. There are very very few mosquitoes in Ajijic right now, don't know about the rainy season.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
518 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria

I have been here for 13 years and I have never heard of anyone getting Malaria.

We do have mosquitos and more in rainy season, but Malaria...nah...

5. Re: Malaria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:19