We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zitacuaros winter fair!!

Zitacuaro...
3 posts
Save Topic
Zitacuaros winter fair!!

another thing you may plan on is in about the first 2 weeks of February is the annual fair!!

you will see arts and crafts out of this world and at reasonable prices. carnival rides all kinds of different foods,beers and cultureal experiences!!

on thursday is our market day and several streets are blocked off so venders can set up booths to sell all ki8nds of fruits, vegetables, meats and cheeses and alkso the 3 blocks of flea market where you can buy ??????? IT'S FUN!!

near by is the weekly market on Sunday at Benito Juarez on 18 miles away through lovely mountain areas with lots of GUYABA orchards, never ate it?? it is delicious! try it! then tuxpan about 10 miles the other direction is the daily markets you will love!!

be sure to see our very lovely lake beside Mt. Coyota, it is a photogrphers dream! This is mountain country! Prepare to take lots of fotos, and this arera is the flower capital of the world, you will see flowerrs and insects you never dreamed possible!!

i have a fotofraph i took several years ago that i have offered hundreds of times to buy some one a steak dinner if they can tell me what it is of!! to date, i have not bought a single dinner!! want to try your luck?? look me up and ask about the fotograph and when you see it and i won the bet and tell you what it is, you will be amazed!

so much to see and do in central Mexico you will let Cancun and Alcapulco for the tourist!! jeje takes a traveler to try Zitacuaro, and there is a world of difference between a tourist and a traveler, just ask old GRINGOJAK!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Vancouver
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zitacuaros winter fair!!

HI There,

We'd be in Zitacuaro Feb 3rd & 4th ... is the winter fair still on? Sounds a blast. I lived in Oaxaca for 2 years ... also in the small beach town of Mazunte. Have never been in this region.

thanks for the tips.

Jill

Mentioned in this post
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
Mazunte
Mazunte
Oaxaca, Mexico
Zitacuaro...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zitacuaros winter fair!!

hi the fair starts january 30th and runs till the 14th of February, so your timeing is about perfect. i love thee fair and go every year.

i am not sure where zihuatanejo is, but zitacuaro is right on Mexican highway 15, about half way from toluca to morelia, i live right on that same highway about 2 miles north of Zitacuao in Colonia Curungueo. if you would like to stop in for coffee please feel free to do so.

i am 77 years old and retired and here i help feed, clothe and educate 10 abandoned kids. you will enjoy the fair and you visit to our city. the roads are in very good shape, all nice and blacktopped, a bit winding and curvey as thie is mountain country.

hope you will get time to stop by while you are here. Hotel Mexico right on avenue Revaluccion in Central Zitacuaro is a nice hotel the neighbors say and then a few miles north on highway 15 is the large hotel Monarcha .

any more questions, feel free to ask. thanks, shoebox Jak and the 4 wonderful dogs.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
3. Re: Zitacuaros winter fair!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Zitacuaro
;