We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

6 posts
1 review
Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

Hi, we are traveling with a group and staying at the grand palladium colonial resort. Unfortunately we don’t have much of a say in the resort. It looks great but in the I read about roaches in one of the rooms! That is a huge deal breaker for me.

Have others had similar experiences?

20 replies to this topic
manchester
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

Ive been twice for 2 weeks each time and never seen a single roach. There was lots of other wildlife and bugs but never a roach. I really don’t think they are common so I’m sure you will be fine.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

You read about “roaches in one of the rooms”. And you are basing your potential experience on this.

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

Well, guess what.... you are taking a vacation into the tropics where the possibility of roaches and a myriad of other native species encroaching on you are very high. They live in the jungle and the resorts were built there, so you might see a few. Don’t store your suitcase open on the floor. The giant Caribbean roaches (you can hear them walk on tile) are harmless and if they get in just try to shoo them out where they prefer to be.

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
483 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

The only roach I’ve ever seen at the Palladium was in the bathtub. My guess is it came up the drain pipe. I cover or close all drains in the bathroom now and have never seen another one.

6 posts
1 review
5. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

Okay wish I hadn’t asked but at least I am mentally prepared now.

Vancouver Island BC...
Level Contributor
184 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

We stayed at Kantenah last year and never had any issues with bugs of any sort... You may see the occasional lizard though. LOL. Not usually inside of your room though.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,678 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

I have been going for 15 years and have neer seen a roach. The resorts are immaculate. You ought to see South Carolina roaches!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

Roaches can be in virtually any hotel room on any given day. As horble says "These are the tropics." However, the odds of you running into one are quite slim.

BTW, the most likely entry point to a room is under the entrance door. The doors have no weather stripping and leave about a 1-1/2 inch gap between the closed door and the floor.

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
638 posts
79 reviews
9. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

I was reminded early on when visiting the area that creatures live in the jungle, and we are visiting their home. At another resort, I once had a tiny gecko living in my room the entire week. When I mentioned it to the concierge, he assured me it was harmless and it would eat mosquitoes! That being said, I've never had a bug problem at the Palladium.

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!

In Honduras it is considered good luck to have a gecko living in your space, maybe because every place has them. Although I never considered listening to them singing all night in the next room to be a stroke of luck.

Reply to: Grand palladium colonial, roaches?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted