We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Burnsville...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

I hope that someone who stayed at both resorts will help me to select one of them.

Which one is better to stay? The things that are important for me are:

1. Beach

2. Entertainment

3. More modern room

3. Close(ish) proximity to entertainment and restaurants and may be beach. :)

4. Quet at night section of the resort

18 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Basically it doesn' t matter.The best part of the beach is Kantenah. The most activities are on Colonial both during the day and at night. Both Kantenah and Colonial were remodeled 2 years ago. WhiteSand was remodeled one year ago.

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Don't worry they are both nice - stayed Collonial but Kantenah side is just as nice. Can't wait to go back in September. Collonial has the good entertainment - Kantenah nice quiet bars. Loved it all.

4 posts
3. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Thank you so much for the info!

4 posts
4. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Thank you for your reply to my question!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
926 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

We stayed at both. Both fantastic. Colonial more central. Although it depends where you are within each area. You can always request to be near restaurants or beach. Look at "unofficial palladium" website and you can get a lots of great info including a map of the resort.

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
645 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

We have stayed at both, and prefer the Colonial because it is more central. At Kantenah, we were closer to the beach, but had to walk pretty far for everything else. At Colonial, we stay in the junior suites and we use the Colonial and White Sand pools and restaurants about evenly.

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Hi,

We’re looking at the Grand Palladium White Sands. As it’s the only property I can see that has jacuzzi rooms? It’s our first time to Mexico and we would like a lively-ish resort with a range of restaurants, bars / night life etc. Is this the best for us?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

If you stay at White Sand you have access to Colonial & Kantenah, all restaurants, bars, pools etc. If you stay at the adult only TRS you have access to 4 resorts.TRS is a step up in terms of food & alcohol & has rooms with outdoor jacuzzis, ocean views or private plunge pools.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

I am here now at the TRS which gives you the adult luxury (but no good if you have children?) and access to all the other hotels, white sands, Kantenhah and collonial . All top shelf drinks, room is exactly as it looks on the site, we have a jacuzzi on the balcony. Infinity pool is gorgeous and a little walk to the beach the buggies will take you all over anyway - oh and free access to Chic 😊

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
23,133 posts
109 reviews
10. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?

Stay at whichever is cheapest.. as you have access to all the same amenities, same restaurants, pools, bars, entertainment ..

Location wise.. we loved the Kantenah.. we have stayed there twice and would again if price was same or less than other sections.. we are beach folks so we love staying close to it , and the Kantenah section of the beach is by far the best.. wider, with palm trees, palupas, ,, but still close enough to the snack and drink bar, washrooms and even the pool depending on how close to that end of the beach you sit.

Reply to: Grand Palladium Kantenah or Collonial?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted